The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

With him riding out the first fine, I'm not sure why people think a second one would be the difference maker

The first fine they were able to explain away as ‘it was only cake’ but others would have been for actively organised, long running parties. They happened but the Met logic is that it was at his home so it was actually work. Despite other people at the party being fined. 

the whole thing just stinks 

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The first fine they were able to explain away as ‘it was only cake’ but others would have been for actively organised, long running parties. They happened but the Met logic is that it was at his home so it was actually work. Despite other people at the party being fined. 

the whole thing just stinks 

So i was ok to have a party at my house as I also WFH? Can’t believe I didn’t know about that loophole.

Nope, it just doesn’t stand up to basic logic.

At this point I think they are deliberately trying to keep it alive and getting the headlines as it’s not as bad at their pathetic handling of the cost of living crisis.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bunter to be in charge for a while longer yet. I could see him getting reelected in 2024.

Yes, he/they will. I expect them to dump him so they can do their usual of saying “we will make changes” and act like the opposition to their own party.

Latest YouGov poll I got via email. I said Labour although i’m not 100% I would, I said it really to see the results. I wouldn’t be the Tories that’s for sure.

However, the result 

348-EA03-F-5-A0-F-44-A2-AEC4-EEC43730082

It can’t be accurate, or, like Brexit many people are a bit embarrassed to admit they are gonna vote for it but just do it on the sly.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Latest YouGov poll I got via email. I said Labour although i’m not 100% I would, I said it really to see the results. I wouldn’t be the Tories that’s for sure.

However, the result 

348-EA03-F-5-A0-F-44-A2-AEC4-EEC43730082

It can’t be accurate, or, like Brexit many people are a bit embarrassed to admit they are gonna vote for it but just do it on the sly.

It is somewhat skewed as 90% of the population can't vote for the SNP. 

• Like 1

Does any Tory MP actually want the job of PM at the moment given what they'd be inheriting. Sky high inflation, the Brexit shambles, the NHS on its knees and adult social care needing urgent long over due action, people in poverty (in and out of work) already at record numbers increasing by the day. 

Chickens have well and truly come home to roost for the Tories haven't they after 12 years of neglecting public services, in fact wilful annihilation of a lot of them, and the self harm of Brexit. 

The country needs fixing but a Tory who can doesn't exist as to fix it would meaning going against Tory ideology. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Does any Tory MP actually want the job of PM at the moment

This has been said quite a few times in the last few years and the answer was a clear resounding, yes they do

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

This has been said quite a few times in the last few years and the answer was a clear resounding, yes they do

What May inherited from Cameron and Johnson inherited from May was grim (5 years and 9 years of Tory rule results in nothing else) but the country is in a terrible state at the moment and only going to get worse in the short to medium term. 

I'm exaggerating to say that no Tory will want it but it is hardly a plum job for a Tory now much of the pillaging has already been done.

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'm exaggerating to say that no Tory will want it but it is hardly a plum job for a Tory now much of the pillaging has already been done.

Look at Michael Gove, he clearly doesn't realise that he's an arse and that no-one likes him. He wants the job

Liz Truss, will do absolutely anything short of stripping off and dancing on the spare plinth at Trafalgar Square (and I'm not even sure about that) to get the job

They aren't alone

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Mic drop.

Of course nobody was there to hear it and it'll never be heard on mass media.

I saw this earlier. Wow what a speech. The worst, and really sad and terrifying, thing about it was that everything she said was true.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Look at Michael Gove, he clearly doesn't realise that he's an arse and that no-one likes him. He wants the job

Liz Truss, will do absolutely anything short of stripping off and dancing on the spare plinth at Trafalgar Square (and I'm not even sure about that) to get the job

They aren't alone

So what is stopping them then? If there are willing, high profile successors surely they could get the numbers and get Johnson out. Whilst some may want it I am not so sure they want it now given the Tory made shit storm that is blowing and about to hit us big time. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

So what is stopping them then? If there are willing, high profile successors surely they could get the numbers and get Johnson out. Whilst some may want it I am not so sure they want it now given the Tory made shit storm that is blowing and about to hit us big time. 

My money is on fear of another Boris purge. He was happy to kick out people who didn't back him even when he didn't have this huge majority.

If they're going to try and knife him, they need to be certain there's enough support for it to work.

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There are plenty of willing, high-profile (ish) successors.

But nobody that MPs think would do any better than the incumbent. It's one of the problems you are left with when you gut a party of anyone remotely competent because they might be a threat to your obvious incompetence. 

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If they're going to try and knife him, they need to be certain there's enough support for it to work.

The ones who want to be leader don't want to be the ones to draw the knife - they don't want to be seen as actively working to be king/queen of the baby eaters. As soon as someone else sticks the knife in, then they'll be fighting like rats in a sack to get the gig as king/queen bastard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Mic drop.

Of course nobody was there to hear it and it'll never be heard on mass media.

Fantastic. And that’s not the first time I’ve said that about a Mhairi Black Commons speech. She’s an impressive orator, and the words aren’t just rhetoric - they’re truth.

• Like 4

Â