The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Can they overcome the final amendment?

The Lords backed a requirement that Rwanda can only be declared a safe country if Home Secretary James Cleverly first consults an independent monitoring body about its status. He would then have to make a statement to Parliament.

No independent body will agree it’s safe will they? The whole point of the plan is that it’s an unsafe shit hole. 

link

They believe in small government.

Easily delivered by spunking all the state's cash.

Look at the the numbers for everything they do.

Rayner: "tories are obsessed with my living arrangements"

Dowden then makes a shit joke about her living arrangements

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Rayner: "tories are obsessed with my living arrangements"

Dowden then makes a shit joke about her living arrangements

Dowden  is a grade one tit.

Edited by meregreen

9 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Dowden  is a grade one tit.

That credits him with actually being good at something, he's a tit but in the tit league he definitely plays for the Witch's Team

• Haha 1

Rayner is too clever by half for Dowden. She spiked his guns completely by mentioning her housing issue immediately. You could see him visibly wilt as he cracked a line that she had already preempted. Guy was incapable of going off script. And he is the best they’ve got. They’re toast.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2024 at 10:33, bannedfromHandV said:

So is this Truss’ new grift then, setting herself up as the ‘UK Trump’?

What total waste of oxygen she is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, I watched that. Astonishing. The reaction of the audience and fellow panel members was something else. 

Just another illustration of their total lack of talent. Inability to think clearly on the fly. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I watched that. Astonishing. The reaction of the audience and fellow panel members was something else. 

Just another illustration of their total lack of talent. Inability to think clearly on the fly. 

Its not even that, its an inability to even listen to the question, he was literally told the geographical information that he got wrong in the sodding question

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

At least he didn’t say something like “Congo…that’s where the make Um Bongo, yeah?”

It’s gotta be a win of sorts, right?

I would have had more respect for him if he's had broken out into the Umbongo song.  If I was in his shoes very fibre of my body would be crying out to do it.

• Like 1

Liz Truss’s book about her 49-day stint as prime minister sold 2,228 copies in the UK during its first week on sale, after a wall-to-wall promotional media blitz.

Ten Years to Save the West: Lessons from the Only Conservative in the Room, combines an account of Truss’s time in office with a call to arms for the political right.

Nielsen sales data puts Truss’s effort in 70th place on last week’s bestsellers’ list, outsold by titles such as the Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook and More Confessions of a Forty-something F**k Up.

Guardian

If you click into the article, about halfway down, the guardian have an amusing little line when comparing her book sales to that of Blair’s and Cameron’s :D

• Like 1

Dan Poulter, Tory MP since 2010, an ex health minister and current Doctor within the NHS, has defected to the Labour party citing the state of the NHS and the Tories becoming the nationalist party of the right. 

Edited by markavfc40

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's stood on the frontline and saw the effects of his parties policy for 14 years, and now decides to take a stand in the final months. He can get in the **** bin with the rest of them. Shame on Labour for welcoming him in.

I'd assumed that it was a massively cynical "stand as a winning Labour candidate at the next election rather than a losing Tory candidate" move (hello Christian Wakeford), but looks like he's standing down anyway. So I'd be happy to give his motives at least, the benefit of the doubt.

So while I'm sympathetic to your point above, there are presumably going to be quite a lot of people who were previously Team Blue who are now going to be Team Red.

• Like 1

Â