The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Tiverton could be a Lib Dem target

I'm not saying it's impossible but it's highly improbable, even if the second placed Labour vote completely collapsed. 

However, this becomes interesting if Parish himself stands as he's threatened to do

I do agree that although Labour came second they stand absolutely no chance of winning and the Tory vote collapsing will most likely benefit the LibDems but that Tory Majority is HUGE

Even prior to 2015 when the LibDem vote collapsed (for their Tory Collaboration) and they were the real opposition to the Tories in the South West, they still didn't win this one. They came within 2k the first time the seat was contested in 1997 but since then, not even close.

By-elections can be strange beasts as we all know but the Tories have never got less than 41% of the vote (1997) and increased their share every election until the last one, where it dropped by 1% but was still over 60%

If the LibDems do win it, the Tory Party will collectively shit itself

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not saying it's impossible but it's highly improbable, even if the second placed Labour vote completely collapsed

However, this becomes interesting if Parish himself stands as he's threatened to do

I do agree that although Labour came second they stand absolutely no chance of winning and the Tory vote collapsing will most likely benefit the LibDems but that Tory Majority is HUGE

Even prior to 2015 when the LibDem vote collapsed (for their Tory Collaboration) and they were the real opposition to the Tories in the South West, they still didn't win this one. They came within 2k the first time the seat was contested in 1997 but since then, not even close.

By-elections can be strange beasts as we all know but the Tories have never got less than 41% of the vote (1997) and increased their share every election until the last one, where it dropped by 1% but was still over 60%

If the LibDems do win it, the Tory Party will collectively shit itself

Last Thursday's Times Red Box podcast is worth a listen on this subject. 

A targeted focus group of six Tory voters from 2019, all from the constituency. All six said they were voting Lib Dem, four of the six said they would prefer Starmer to be PM over Johnson.

It's definitely worth 20 minutes. 

Obviously betting odds are based on money moving, not probability, but Lib Dems are currently 1/2 to win, the Tories 9/4.

Incidentally, the bit I've put in bold, exactly the same would have been said a month before North Shropshire as well, no?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Last Thursday's Times Red Box podcast is worth a listen on this subject. 

A targeted focus group of six Tory voters from 2019, all from the constituency. All six said they were voting Lib Dem, four of the six said they would prefer Starmer to be PM over Johnson.

It's definitely worth 20 minutes. 

Obviously betting odds are based on money moving, not probability, but Lib Dems are currently 1/2 to win, the Tories 9/4.

Incidentally, the bit I've put in bold, exactly the same would have been said a month before North Shropshire as well, no?

Having looked at it, North Shropshire was actually more unlikely as Labour and the Libdems traditionally traded 2nd and 3rd place before the LibDem vote collapse of 2015 whereas in Tiverton the LibDems are the "traditional" opposition party

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Did anyone ever get prosecuted for not wearing a mask?

I suspect the answer is a resounding NO

Some will say temporarily not wearing a mask whilst doing your job is just as bad as holding several parties in a government office. 

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shameless, honestly.

When even Tory whips think something is inappropriate, then wow.

Although he does indeed have the eyes of a rapist, he is long past his 50s. Michael can stay at home. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shameless, honestly.

To be fair, being a Tory that hasn't been caught sexually assaulting someone yet, is something of a badge of honour these days. 

29 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

What’s that sound? Sounds like a barrel being scraped. 

Absolutel cries of desperation from the the Tory Party. they are mudslingers with no shame or realisation of what they’ve done themselves. Talk about a lack of self awareness. 

I can recall numerous photos of BJ meeting others in the height of covid and he’d be the only one not wearing a mask. 

sitting next to Attenborough and several hospital visits spring to mind! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I watched Midsommar the other day.

Tiny spoiler, but there's a very violent bit when a man gets his face and head caved in by a massive hammer. Over and over again.

Just saw Fabricant's face and thought of that scene. Weird.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched Midsommar the other day.

Tiny spoiler, but there's a very violent bit when a man gets his face and head caved in by a massive hammer. Over and over again.

Just saw Fabricant's face and thought of that scene. Weird.

Harsh, harsh but fair.

Â