The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Lee Anderson now moving onto outright, cut-and-dry Libel

He wants to watch that. Jack I am sure would take great pleasure seeing him court. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He wants to watch that. Jack I am sure would take great pleasure seeing him court. 

She has already set the ball rolling. Fair play to her and good luck to her. She'll have no problem raising any funds she needs. 

• Like 2

The big fat blonde bullshitter has thrown his considerable weight behind the government's campaign to get people to return to the office.

Sorry about the link https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10814839/Working-home-DOESNT-work-says-PM-Boris-Johnson-demands-millions-office.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Taking a swipe at the out-of-office culture that has taken hold across Whitehall, he adds: 'My experience of working from home is you spend an awful lot of time making another cup of coffee and then, you know, getting up, walking very slowly to the fridge, hacking off a small piece of cheese, then walking very slowly back to your laptop and then forgetting what it was you're doing.'

Don't judge us by your own standards you lazy lying deadbeat.

In all seriousness, this just further shows how he's in hock to business. Train and fuel companies aren't getting their cheddar through reduced amounts of commuters. Landlords are seeing business properties empty. It's so blatant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The big fat blonde bullshitter has thrown his considerable weight behind the government's campaign to get people to return to the office.

Sorry about the link https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10814839/Working-home-DOESNT-work-says-PM-Boris-Johnson-demands-millions-office.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Don't judge us by your own standards you lazy lying deadbeat.

In all seriousness, this just further shows how he's in hock to business. Train and fuel companies aren't getting their cheddar through reduced amounts of commuters. Landlords are seeing business properties empty. It's so blatant.

Remember though- it's impossible for him to manage to work productively from home, but all those social gatherings he was having while people were banned from seeing their dying relatives, that was him working very hard, from home.

• Like 3

Let me get this straight. 

The Prime Minister of the UK has basically just admitted that he's a lazy fat shirker, who skives off at every available opportunity? 

Right, carry on, nothing to see here. 

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what Johnson or Rees-Mogg et al say about getting back to the office. The only place it will have any effect really is the civil dervice

Business will do what business does and look after itself and the shareholders

If productivity is being affected, it'll be all back to the office, if it isn't it won't

If businesses can downsize the office and reduce overheads they will

If staff get forced back to the office and other companies are still offering WFH or Hybrid, the best staff will leave

Johnson trying to put the genie back in the bottle just isn't going to work. If a business can reduce costs and not suffer a brain drain, that is exactly what it'll do. And those companies by and large will be the companies that are better placed to compete and survive and recession.

The Tory Party has long since been the party of business, it's the party of investors. They only do what is good for business when it's good for the speculators and when those percieved interests clash they'll go with the speculators every time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

It doesn't matter what Johnson or Rees-Mogg et al say about getting back to the office. The only place it will have any effect really is the civil dervice

Business will do what business does and look after itself and the shareholders

If productivity is being affected, it'll be all back to the office, if it isn't it won't

Unfortunately, at our place at least, that’s not true. Neanderthal managers gonna Neanderthal. “You’ve all got to come in at least 60% of the week”

just because….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Unfortunately, at our place at least, that’s not true. Neanderthal managers gonna Neanderthal. “You’ve all got to come in at least 60% of the week”

just because….

Might be different with a big monolith like the company you work for but I suspect most service idustry SMEs and banks and the like won't be the same

There's a huge Santander office in Bootle and I mean huge. 95% of the staff were made to sign working from home contracts, some of the staff objected and were told either work from home or work for another comapny, we aren't going back to everyone in the office. I'm sure when the time comes they'll be moving out of where they are into somewhere smaller. The site is huge too, they won't find another company to fill it because it's the old Girobank Headquarters (which is where they inherited it from.) On the far side of that plot is an old Rolls Royce engine plant, which is supposedly "Atlantic Buisness Park", they've built three smallish office blocks on it and the rest is still pretty unused. They could easily build more of the small blocks but there isn't actually the demand for office space. The penny might drop at some point that you can actually build thousands of houses across those two sites and it's already close to a huge amount of retail amenities, even a railway station and the Motorway network. Hell there's even a few schools on the perimeter of it (but they'd need more). They could even join the AIntree station with Bootle via a disused line that even still has the track on it, so no CPUs would even be needed

I'm wibbling at this point but these idiots really don't have the foresight to see the potential of people working from home for the economy and *gosh* the happiness of the people, whilst also tackling to the lack of homes for people

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Might be different with a big monolith like the company you work for but I suspect most service idustry SMEs and banks and the like won't be the same

There's a huge Santander office in Bootle and I mean huge. 95% of the staff were made to sign working from home contracts, some of the staff objected and were told either work from home or work for another comapny, we aren't going back to everyone in the office. I'm sure when the time comes they'll be moving out of where they are into somewhere smaller. The site is huge too, they won't find another company to fill it because it's the old Girobank Headquarters (which is where they inherited it from.) On the far side of that plot is an old Rolls Royce engine plant, which is supposedly "Atlantic Buisness Park", they've built three smallish office blocks on it and the rest is still pretty unused. They could easily build more of the small blocks but there isn't actually the demand for office space. The penny might drop at some point that you can actually build thousands of houses across those two sites and it's already close to a huge amount of retail amenities, even a railway station and the Motorway network. Hell there's even a few schools on the perimeter of it (but they'd need more). They could even join the AIntree station with Bootle via a disused line that even still has the track on it, so no CPUs would even be needed

I'm wibbling at this point but these idiots really don't have the foresight to see the potential of people working from home for the economy and *gosh* the happiness of the people, whilst also tackling to the lack of homes for people

I know several back office staff at some of the major UK Banks who are being pushed back into the office. I've seen similar with other large firms like legal or insurance. Mostly hybrid models but with a definite push to get people back into hub sites. People being explicitly told their contacts are not WFH ones. This might obviously change in a few years when leases on the large office buildings come to an end but there's a definite push for them not to be empty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

just because….

How many people have quit?

Â