The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How many people have quit?

Dunno, but the reaction to it is overwhelmingly unimpressed. Thing is, they reconfigured a load of offices as “hybrid” so people don’t have their own desks, lockers etc. so there isn’t the capacity for everyone to go back 3+ days a week. I suspect therefore that for the time being it’s gonna be a struggle between management and employees wanting different things in many cases.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dunno, but the reaction to it is overwhelmingly unimpressed. Thing is, they reconfigured a load of offices as “hybrid” so people don’t have their own desks, lockers etc. so there isn’t the capacity for everyone to go back 3+ days a week. I suspect therefore that for the time being it’s gonna be a struggle between management and employees wanting different things in many cases.

We've been working on hybrid (or flexi) desks for quite some time but there are moves afoot to increase capacity somehow on the anticipation that we'll have more people on site.  There is no line from above saying you need to be in (unless you need to access bespoke systems etc, and even then it is a discussion) but estates are creating more "collaboration areas" so that people can go in to meet people and work on ideas without needing to spend the whole day in the office.   That will work for me as I don't live far from the office but I have some people in my team dispersed quite a fair way out so I suspect I might need to have some difficult conversations with some of them at some point if those above deem being in the office (at least for part of the time) as essential. 

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Yeah, I'll just start my new job as an investment banker tomorrow. Why hadnt I  thought of that?

I was gonna do a little bit of consultation work for BP on the side. £5,000 for 4 hours a month. 

• Like 3

I’m thinking of submitting expenses claims for food and heating and clothes and my mortgage and travel and house maintenance and some other bits n bobs.

Shouldn’t come to more than £200,000 providing my employer lets me use the discounted staff restaurants and bars.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am considering cyber. 

Seat68: *I nervously unzip my combat shorts and dance provocatively to Johnny Cash*

User: Sir, this is the helpline for Halifax banking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Seat68: *I nervously unzip my combat shorts and dance provocatively to Johnny Cash*

User: Sir, this is the helpline for Halifax banking.

I’ve always thought the numbers for Halifax Banking and Ring O’ Fire Chat were perilously similar.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve always thought the numbers for Halifax Banking and Ring O’ Fire Chat were perilously similar.

Who amongst us hasn't made that error. Keep 2 scripts to hand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is going under the radar a little as the right wing rags and the BBC are not really reporting it. Just a Tory peer involved in 203 million pound of our money going to a company her husband has a financial interest in. Gove was also apparently involved and copied into emails between Medpro and Lady Mone. They have, and continue to, take us for fools.

• Like 3

Is anyone really surprised?

Thousands were dying and they saw fit to delay PPE, so their chums could make billions providing useless goods and services.

Lap up your privatised NHS.

Â