Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We are down . We will finish bottom . I really don't see any positives from the games so far.

poor manager no striker weak midfield weak defence, No spine ! 

And a a owner who is not interested . There is no escape this year, I believe we will be adrift by Christmas .

cant wait for Tuesday !,,,,

For whatever reason the site won't let me quote him, but 'Blasterpocket68' suggests above that we'll be adrift by Christmas, and sadly I can see a real danger of that. Certainly I think we'll be on no more than 7 or 8 points by the start of December. 

To be fair, over past few seasons I was always very confident we wouldnt relegate but this season that feeling is not there. This is possibly mostly due to the promoted teams being actually decent, Bournemouth and Watford play awesome attackive football and while Norwich is a team we should beat, the other two are our level imho.. We lack the game changer and Grealish or Adama are too young to become that instantly. 

If I may just make some "meta-commentary" on some of this thread ... 

Let me put it as delicately as possible: it's just arse-bitingly, nut-crushingly inane.

Yes, I am commenting on the inanity, and so that makes me complicit (perhaps), but still, wtf is the point of declaring after six games that "We're down"?

Yay. You get a biscuit. Who the shit cares?

And you may very well be wrong.

Sure, you're just expressing yourself on the internet. And that's what I'm doing. Expressing my self on a lovely forum. Isn't that sweet?

And yet ...

We STILL will need to prepare for the next game, you knuckheaded ninnies. We'll STILL need to try. We'll STILL need to support our club, and, godammnit, hope the best. I don't care if half our players still can't Birmingham on a map, and couldn't care less where they play -- they're MY players and I'm behind them.

There's a long campaign ahead. You can sign out right here, if you want. But I will gladly count myself among the foolish, the damned, the vapid, the imbecilic, the brave -- who still believe it's worth fighting for the next scrap of points, no matter how it all turns out.

There!

[Confession: I am taking steroids for a medical issue and I think that's become blindingly obvious to me, looking at what I just typed. :):wacko:]

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 4

I said a while back that this team would take time to gel but even the basics seem to much for most of them.

At this point my hopes are around Gil, Traore and Gana but none of them seem to be able to stay fit.

If we continue playing Westwood, Gabby, Gestede, Bacuna, Sinclair and Lescott then we will struggle as they aren't good enough.

I hoped for the best but fear we are in for another year of struggling as per usual.

We lost two players. I think Delph isn't a big miss for us at all because Gana will fill that void. Benteke is the issue. He was nailed on to get us goals whilst his replacements look out of place.

If anything, I'd give Sinclair a go down the middle and move Gabby back out wide until Traore comes back. Play Gana and Sanchez or Gana and Veretout in front of the back four and we'll be OK IMO. 

I think the Leicester game showed we will have to attack and not put too much emphasis on the defence because they simply cannot cope. 

Edited by villarocker

Lets give it 12 games before writing us off,will be a hell of a battle though to stay up especially dropping points at home (yet again). Living in Swansea watched their game with Everton yesterday,they manged to get a point against a very very good Everton side and that's the way to stay in the PL do not lose at home at all costs.

• Like 1

Last four seasons; 16th, 15th, 15th, 17th.

This is our worst run in the top flight since a four season period between 1962-3 to 1965-66. We came 21st in 1966-67 and were relegated. We then spent the following 8 seasons in Div 2 & 3.

6 games in this season and we are 17th after what was supposed to be a relatively easy start playing Bournemouth, Man U, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Leicester and WBA. We haven't won at home, struggled to get our solitary home point against Sunderland and have a total of 4 points. I didn't expect anything exceptional but looking at those fixtures felt a haul 7-8 points was more than reasonable.

How anyone can be confident at this stage that we will stay up is beyond me. On various threads posters have claimed some fans are over reacting but Villa is indisputably in a downward spiral with little evidence so far that Sherwood knows how to stop us crashing out of the PL. Hyperbole? Nope, history is potentially repeating itself nearly 50 years later.  As Confucius said "Study the past it if you would define the future” 

I hope Sherwood can turn it round, I hate even thinking about relegation and will continue to back him. But let's not kid ourselves and talk about there being three worse teams, blame the fans or claim we have been unlucky so far - at the moment we have a disjointed/disfunctional team and a manager who is struggling to change it round.

FWIW I think we have enough talent but am not yet confident that Sherwood has what it takes to manage them. In 66/67 our then Manager Dick Taylor, was likewise very inexperienced, Villa being his first full manager position. After two season finishes at 16th, he invested heavily in new players in 66/67 but we still got relegated - more coincidences?

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

Newcastle and Sunderland actually look worse than us at the moment

You see that's something that I don't even want us to be factoring in - we have to be concerned solely with our poor form and results, we can't leave anything in the hands of anyone else. 

• Like 1

If you're struggling for form,  haven't scored since Italia 90, just returning from an injury nightmare and need to boost your confidence, you have a manager who is one result away from getting the chop who do you want to play in your next match? that's right Villa.  We always seem to help teams/players/managers who are in bad form

Next three matches all against teams struggling for form and in desperate need of a result

• Like 1

Very difficult run of games coming up. We could easily be going in to December with less than 10 points. There's already a gap between West Brom and us of 4 points. We absolutely have to pick up a few shock wins against the top sides.

Â