Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

You make out as though its the worst we've ever been. Its not.

Lack of patience is baffling.

Worst start to a season since 1986. We got relegated that season. Yep everything's fine

Oh we are definitely going to get relegated then. That's a fact. 

So what are you SHERWOOD OUT! folks going to do with all your tough talk?

Hire a plane? Ring up Randy? Unfurl some pathetic banner?

I always like to know how you work out the practicalities of a managerial firing. 

What's the plan, o warriors of the keyboard?

What a load of condescending cobblers.

• Like 4

I always like to know how you work out the practicalities of a managerial firing. 

Yep.

Worst start to a season since 1986. We got relegated that season. Yep everything's fine

This isn't 1986. Have you never heard of Heraclitus? 

Was he the captain of the 1982 Brazil WC team?

• Like 1

Yep.

Sorry, don't mean to offend! Please accept my apologies! I certainly don't speak from a position of superiority or great wisdom ... but then you knew that, didn't you? 

I'm stealing that phrase, "condescending cobblers." 

I think this is one of those agree to disagree moments because the only way the truth will out is the results of the next three or four games. 

Edited by Plastic Man

I find it strange and baffling, too. But I suppose people are angry. It's natural to have high hopes at the beginning of the season? If things don't change, then I will have a similar response, I imagine. But I feel the team is getting better. I liked a lot of what I saw today. I didn't like the starting XI. I didn't like how we turned off after the Gestete goal.

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 2

With the money Sherwood has been given to spend relegation shouldn't even be in consideration.

Really? a net spend of 8- 10 mill on a squad he inherited that was in the bottom 3 and couldn't score or create a half decent chance should  be enough to ensure relegation isn't even a consideration? For reference his predecessor like Sherwood inherited a squad that was just about good enough to avoid relegation and had a net spend of 17 mill in his first transfer window.

With the money Sherwood has been given to spend relegation shouldn't even be in consideration.

Relegation is always a consideration in this league, esp. this year. The idea that there is some endless, easily tapped pool of talent out there, ready to be drawn like pints if you just have the dosh ... 

Really? a net spend of 8- 10 mill on a squad he inherited that was in the bottom 3 and couldn't score or create a half decent chance should  be enough to ensure relegation isn't even a consideration? For reference his predecessor like Sherwood inherited a squad that was just about good enough to avoid relegation and had a net spend of 17 mill in his first transfer window.

Weren't you the one who last season was saying that this team should be finishing mid-table. I know we've lost Benteke but that money has been re-invested and I'd say as squad we're a lot stronger this year, in terms of playing staff.

Pissed off with all this net spend bollocks. He has basically spent nearly 60 miilion, we shouldn't be struggling all over the park just because we lost a on and off Benteke.

There's simply no excuses, Watford are doing just fine with no Premier League experience.

• Like 1

As I say I think our squad is a lot better this year, I certainly wouldn't swap this years players for the players we had last year. Lerner could have helped more but it's not as if Sherwood has had no money to spend.

• Like 1

As I say I think our squad is a lot better this year, I certainly wouldn't swap this years players for the players we had last year. Lerner could have helped more but it's not as if Sherwood has had no money to spend.

Useless, if Sherwood loses the next three games, you'll get your wish and he'll be replaced. Call it a hunch, but given Villa's recent history, I don't think Randy/Tom Fox will feel they have enough "cover" to make a replacement just yet. But that will change if he doesn't start winning. A big question for me is whether he has the dressing room still. I suspect that he does, for a lot of reasons.

Have you really considered how it would feel for the new players from abroad to lose their manager just now? Have you ever moved abroad? These are very young men who get a lot of money but they are vulnerable. Getting rid of Sherwood just pulls the rug out again, if you ask me. I think we're in a delicate phase but I think things can turn around.

Edited by Plastic Man

Â