Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

This year is going to be a total right off for me. I don't know whether I am taking into consideration the fact we have a whole new team, or I am totally apathetic after 5 years of the same old shit.

I thought it would be different this time.

I just hope we aren't adrift by Christmas and the new boys can really push on.

Still pretty worried.......don't like the teams Sherwood is starting to put out (no Clark and Ayew after their second half performances??!), our back 4 looked a complete shambles against pace and movement today and for most of the game we were toothless going forward until those two Gestede goals out of nowhere.

We need to pick up wins fast...anyone confident we'll beat Stoke given our record v them at home in recent seasons.

That's the thing to me the teams in the bottom half are a lot stronger this season. Stoke won't be anywhere near bottom 3 at the end of season, West Brom will keep grinding out wins and think the promoted trio have been excellent so far. This time last year Burnley hadn't won a game and QPR were losing every away game.

We're going down. 

I'm going to be logging off here, just going to update the predictions thread for the next 10 weeks while I do an intensive course. Before I leave, I make two predictions re. Villa:

1) In ten weeks' time, we'll be adrift in the relegation zone. 

2) We'll have just sacked, or just be about to sack, the manager. 

No pleasure in saying it, but I see no hope either. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

i think out the three promoted teams bournemouth will be the worse off,  thats not to say i think they will go down but id be surprised if one promoted team never went down. norwich and watford are half decent and bournemouth seemok and have been unlucky this season with some of their results. sunderland for me will go and we have a good chance of going.

xmas will be massive for us....we play Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, Palace and Leicester all in a row.

God knows how many points we'll have on the board at that stage but that run of games will make or break our season, I've always said that so I'd probably give Sherwood until then, early January and if we're adrift in the bottom 3 get rid then.

i think out the three promoted teams bournemouth will be the worse off,  thats not to say i think they will go down but id be surprised if one promoted team never went down. norwich and watford are half decent and bournemouth seemok and have been unlucky this season with some of their results. sunderland for me will go and we have a good chance of going.

Yeah looks like we've been getting a bit of luck here as apparently Calum Wilson got a serious injury at Stoke today and he's their main scorer. So you'd have to think they will struggle to win many games.

Already they've lost Tyrone Mings and Gradel for the season, blimey Mantis would be jumping off buildings if he supported them! ;)

Yeah looks like we've been getting a bit of luck here as apparently Calum Wilson got a serious injury at Stoke today and he's their main scorer. So you'd have to think they will struggle to win many games.

Already they've lost Tyrone Mings and Gradel for the season, blimey Mantis would be jumping off buildings if he supported them! ;)

yeah i think they will be involved in the thick of it if im honest even more so with those injuries.

I think we'll be fine as there are half a dozen worse sides than us at least. Sunderland, West Brom, Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle,Norwich and Leicester. In fact that is seven :-)

Of course the league table makes it look like I am out of my mind at the moment but it is clearly very early days as shown by West Ham and Leicester sitting in the top 6 and Chelsea in the bottom half.

Once we settle, the team gels and the manager finds his best team and formation,and I firmly believe those will all happen ,then we will be well clear come the end of the season.

For me this is potentially the best squad of players we have had since the Mon/Houllier days. The jury is still out on many of them, and the manager, but the potential is certainly there.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I think we'll be fine as there are half a dozen worse sides than us at least. Sunderland, West Brom, Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle,Norwich and Leicester. In fact that is seven :-)

Of course the league table makes it look like I am out of mind at the momentbut it is clearly very early days as shown by West Ham and Leicester sitting in the top 6 and Chelsea in the bottom half.

Once we settle, the team gels and the manager finds his best team and formation,and I firmly believe those will all happen ,then we will be well clear come the end of the season.

For me this is potentially the best squad of players we have had since the Mon/Houllier days. The jury is still out on many of them, and the manager, but the potential is certainly there.

totally disagree with the worse teams part.

Â