Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

With the money Sherwood has been given to spend relegation shouldn't even be in consideration.

Really? a net spend of 8- 10 mill on a squad he inherited that was in the bottom 3 and couldn't score or create a half decent chance should  be enough to ensure relegation isn't even a consideration? For reference his predecessor like Sherwood inherited a squad that was just about good enough to avoid relegation and had a net spend of 17 mill in his first transfer window.

Pissed off with all this net spend bollocks. He has basically spent nearly 60 miilion, we shouldn't be struggling all over the park just because we lost a on and off Benteke.

There's simply no excuses, Watford are doing just fine with no Premier League experience.

On and off Benteke? He may well have had ups and downs but take him away in any of the seasons he was here and we're in the Championship right now.

• Like 1

There's simply no excuses,

There's simply no excuses? sorry mate I disagree. I think having 12 new players in the squad many of which are new to this country or league and already having had a few injuries whilst trying to discover your best team/formation is a half decent excuse for a poor start.

It is very early days as shown by the fact Chelsea are in 15th and West Ham are third. I am happy to wait a little longer before basing my opinion too much on where we sit in the table and am happy to allow the new players to settle in and the manger to be given a fair crack at getting the best out of the squad he assembled before throwing my toys out of the pram.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

As I say I think our squad is a lot better this year, I certainly wouldn't swap this years players for the players we had last year. Lerner could have helped more but it's not as if Sherwood has had no money to spend.

Useless, if Sherwood loses the next three games, you'll get your wish and he'll be replaced. Call it a hunch, but given Villa's recent history, I don't think Randy/Tom Fox will feel they have enough "cover" to make a replacement just yet. But that will change if he doesn't start winning. A big question for me is whether he has the dressing room still. I suspect that he does, for a lot of reasons.

Have you really considered how it would feel for the new players from abroad to lose their manager just now? Have you ever moved abroad? These are very young men who get a lot of money but they are vulnerable. Getting rid of Sherwood just pulls the rug out again, if you ask me.

They're young but I really don't think Sherwood getting the sack would have much affect on them at all, I mean they might feel sorry for him or think it's shame, but nothing beyond that, not to the extent that it affects them mentally. Some of them were highly sought after so it's not as if he was the only person prepared to give them a chance. If someone new comes in, who knows what he's doing and can get them playing relatively successful football, I'm sure they'll be delighted.

As I say I think our squad is a lot better this year, I certainly wouldn't swap this years players for the players we had last year. Lerner could have helped more but it's not as if Sherwood has had no money to spend.

Useless, if Sherwood loses the next three games, you'll get your wish and he'll be replaced. Call it a hunch, but given Villa's recent history, I don't think Randy/Tom Fox will feel they have enough "cover" to make a replacement just yet. But that will change if he doesn't start winning. A big question for me is whether he has the dressing room still. I suspect that he does, for a lot of reasons.

Have you really considered how it would feel for the new players from abroad to lose their manager just now? Have you ever moved abroad? These are very young men who get a lot of money but they are vulnerable. Getting rid of Sherwood just pulls the rug out again, if you ask me.

They're young but I really don't think Sherwood getting the sack would have much affect on them at all, I mean they might feel sorry for him or think it's shame, but nothing beyond that, not to the extent that it affects them mentally. Some of them were highly sought after so it's not as if he was the only person prepared to give them a chance. If someone new comes in, who knows what he's doing and can get them playing relatively successful football, I'm sure they'll be delighted.

That makes a lot of sense. I hope you're right. I wouldn't fire Tim just yet, but if he does get the sack, I hope the lads show mettle. 

• Like 1

what I don't understand is that it's almost as if the Birmingham game didn't happen, as come 3pm today the reset button was pushed and Sherwood looked as though he'd not learnt anything about his players and tactics this season.

appreciate he needs to integrate a number of new players and work out how to get them playing well, but he should already be able to pick well over half his team based on performances so far.

also what on Earth were we trying to do vs Liverpool? What were the tactics - run away from the ball and their players?

it frustrates me is that all the ingredients seem to be there for a decent team, YET partly down to injuries and partly down to Sherwood being a muppet, we've yet to pick out best side and set up that team to win games.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

How many games are people going to give Sherwood before they turn on him? 

He's got a big job to gel together a whole new side. I said it at the start of the season that I'd give him 10-12 games to see how he gets on and I'm not changing my mind on that. I want to see all his signings fully fit to see what team he puts out then. 

• Like 3

it took Lambert 3 years before people turned on him

Some Villa fans are deluded if ask me, its like people think Liverpool are not a much better team than us just because they are in shit form

Because people thought there was potential there and he had almost nothing to spend. Sherwood's going to get less time because of the money spent and some people don't see the potential in him.

Sherwood doesn't seem to know what to do other than blame individual errors.

My advice to Sherwood would be,

Drop Westwood, play Veretout.

Drop Lescott, play Clark.

Drop Sinclair, play Ayew.

Stick with Gestede and don't just bring back Gabby.

Once Okore is fit play him at CH with Richards moving to RB.

Play Gil as our number 10.

Ask Wilkins and not a goal keeping coach his opinion prior to making a substitution.

Drop the ego, no one cares.

If the jobs too big then get out now.

• Like 1

Some Villa fans are deluded if ask me, its like people think Liverpool are not a much better team than us just because they are in shit form

Anyone take villa fan GaryRowett ?

I have to agree this a field a tough place to go and Liverpool are better than us. To lose 3-2 without playing we'll is not a disgrace in my opinion. My own argument is he played gueye who did not look fit

it took Lambert 3 years before the final fans turned on him

edited a little for truth.

I have to agree this a field a tough place to go and Liverpool are better than us. To lose 3-2 without playing we'll is not a disgrace in my opinion. My own argument is he played gueye who did not look fit

Who or what makes Liverplop better than us, they couldn't even manange Carlise the other night. People are still thinking of a Liverplop's history. they are shite, an will get no where if they keep Brendan especially. They had no Benteke, just a unfit Sturridge, Courtinio was off the boil, their midfield is average, they have no huge names no leadership since Slippy went. They were more than for the taking yesterday and Sherwood gave them to much respect, thinking he could shut up shop first half was diabolical tactically. I tell you one thing, personally I have nothing against Sherwood, but if we lose against Stoke next week, he should go with immidiate effect, its proof the job is way to much for him. Its no good having a new team with a amataur manager. It won't work, we need experience in here to gel this team and Sherwood is struggling his knackers off already and talking shite. The loss against Stoke will see him completely lose the faith.

He may need time, agreed, but unfortunately this league does not give you time, lose a couple you could be in the relegation zone for the rest of the season, an its not as if Shewood didn;t have a pre-season with this team. The Watford manager seems to know what he is doing, you need to hit the ground running or else your f*******

Edited by foreveryoung
spelling

Ok then so because Liverpool are better than us we should accept losing to them? Since when was conceding after 70 seconds acceptable? Since when was concededing a minute after getting back into the game acceptable? Because Liverpool are better than us is there nothing wrong with waiting until being 2-0 down to make changes. Because Liverpool are better than us there is nothing wrong with our clown of a manager saying that IF we stay up we'll better next season. Completely contradicting what he said a few months ago. You're the one who's deluded 

IT'S **** SEPTEMBER!

If we are still in this position come Christmas then we should panic, but for now there is no reason to be overly worried.

No need to be overly worried we are already in the relegation zone with the shitest teams in the league after a easy start an £50+ million spent with a full pre-season. Don't worry we will be just fine?

As I said, the league doesn't end now we have many, many games to go. Do you not think we are laying better football than this time last year?

We are 4 points behind Chelsea if that makes you feel any better. Does that matter? Nope, and neither does being in the bottom three in September.

Who or what makes Liverplop better than us, they couldn't even manange Carlise the other night. People are still thinking of a Liverplop's history. they are shite, an will get no where if they keep Brendan especially. They had no Benteke, just a unfit Sturridge, Courtinio was off the boil, their midfield is average, they have no huge names no leadership since Slippy went. They were more than for the taking yesterday and Sherwood gave them to much respect, thinking he could shut up shop first half was diabolical tactically. I tell you one thing, personally I have nothing against Sherwood, but if we lose against Stoke next week, he should go with immidiate effect, its proof the job is way to much for him. Its no good having a new team with a amataur manager. It won't work, we need experience in here to gel this team and Sherwood is struggling his knackers off already and talking shite. The loss against Stoke will see him completely lose the faith.

He may need time, agreed, but unfortunately this league does not give you time, lose a couple you could be in the relegation zone for the rest of the season, an its not as if Shewood didn;t have a pre-season with this team. The Watford manager seems to know what he is doing, you need to hit the ground running or else your f*******

You actually think we are a better side than Liverpool? On what basis? they have various players that would walk into our side. Not many of ours would get into theirs. i would say we are under-performing in the league yes but Liverpool are far better than us. i think they are under-performing greatly. dont see Rodgers surviving the season

IT'S **** SEPTEMBER!

If we are still in this position come Christmas then we should panic, but for now there is no reason to be overly worried.

Look at the fixtures we've had, then look at our league position. Now look at our upcoming fixtures and tell me you're not worried.

Lets look at the fixtures and as people are making a big deal of the table then we should take it as sacred. We have played 4 of the top 10 including the top placed team plus a local derby and away on 1st day to a newly promoted team.

We have also not been badly in any game so its not like we are far away, every defeat has been by 1 goal and this will turn especially as its a new squad

Â