Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Yep but no shock its been coming for years. In a way I prefer its this way than losing last game of season, that would be hard to take. If we must go down then this is the way I would take it.

We simply cannot do any worse next season thats the one thing I am confident about (as long as these losers leave)

I Kind of agree with your point there Demitri. It is not a good feeling right now, but with the season we have endured it should be no shock that we are getting relegated. At no point  this season have we been given false hope of survival by this rag tag bunch, therefore I don't expect to see any tears (from grown ups) when it is confirmed, or banners saying "We'll be back" etc. This bunch have been the worst set of players we have ever seen. We have had the piss taken out of us so much this season already, So don't give any further ammunition to the piss takers, take it on the chin knowing that we will be back at some point, maybe not next season, but soon things will get better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

So will we be the first team in England to be relegated this season if results go against us this weekend?

Bolton and Crewe could also get the big red R this weekend.

Edited by rubberman

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

If you go down to Vanarama National League as well, Kiddy could get the chop on Saturday also.

A great shame! They should've got back into the Football League a couple of years back. If Stourbridge go up from the Evo Stik Prem then Kiddy will be in the same division as Stourbridge in the Conference North (unless Kiddy are put into the South)! Amazing really when Kiddy have an actual stadium and Stourbridge play at a cricket club. 

1 minute ago, villanwesty88 said:

A great shame! They should've got back into the Football League a couple of years back. If Stourbridge go up from the Evo Stik Prem then Kiddy will be in the same division as Stourbridge in the Conference North (unless Kiddy are put into the South)! Amazing really when Kiddy have an actual stadium and Stourbridge play at a cricket club. 

It's a very sad decline. They're likely to swap places with Solihull Moors, though, who seem to be on the up. When I was a kid, Moor Green (now the "Moors" part of SM) were my local club and my brother had a trial with them. So there is potential (if things went very badly for us and extremely well for them) that in three seasons Villa could be playing the Moors!

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

It's a very sad decline. They're likely to swap places with Solihull Moors, though, who seem to be on the up. When I was a kid, Moor Green (now the "Moors" part of SM) were my local club and my brother had a trial with them. So there is potential (if things went very badly for us and extremely well for them) that in three seasons Villa could be playing the Moors!

Stranger things have happened! Look at Burton Albion who have a very good chance of being in the same division as us next season. Burton were below the conference as recently as 2002. What a rise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Stourbridge battered Kiddy in the FA cup a few months back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

One Ian Taylor played for Moor Green once upon a time, IIRC.

On 4/2/2016 at 15:38, GENTLEMAN said:

I think that is rubbish TBH. Brian Little said this situation is nothing like Leeds or Pompey, and Bernstein has said this situation can be turned around quickly. I trust their judgement rather than some random guy on a Sunderland forum. Sunderland are more likely to suffer financial ruin than us, I read ages ago that their high earners do not have wage drop clauses for relegation. It is scaremongering, plain and simple. The only thing that can mess us up is another bad managerial decision.  

Sorry bud but I think you're deluded if you think it can't get that bad. All Lerner has to do is stop putting money in, which is not just some wild unsubstantiated scaremongering tactic. It's a distinct possibility given his previous irrational behaviour. At that point we are absolutely ****, not only in the balance sheet but on the pitch too. Administration is a distinct possibility, in fact it has been alluded to by people much more learned than me that administration might well be a good thing for Lerner, financially. 

Yes, I want the club sold. Because as a football fan I don't believe in "better the devil you know", it simply can't work like that. However, we are in such a precarious position right now that it's possible we may well get ourselves a vulture rather than a knight in shining armour. 

In either scenario we could literally do a Leeds. Or a Wednesday. Or a Forest. We are a consistently failing business and we are about to drop to The Championship with a squad that needs a COMPLETE overhaul and a last set of accounts showing a £28m loss and an £80m wage bill. I'm generally an optimist mate, but the more and more I've thought about this the more terrified I am that the whole house of cards is about the fall down and we are going to plummet into a hole it could take us over a decade, minimum, to get out of. 

No matter what Little or Bernstein tell you, Aston Villa are in serious, serious trouble.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry bud but I think you're deluded if you think it can't get that bad. All Lerner has to do is stop putting money in, which is not just some wild unsubstantiated scaremongering tactic. It's a distinct possibility given his previous irrational behaviour. At that point we are absolutely ****, not only in the balance sheet but on the pitch too. Administration is a distinct possibility, in fact it has been alluded to by people much more learned than me that administration might well be a good thing for Lerner, financially. 

Yes, I want the club sold. Because as a football fan I don't believe in "better the devil you know", it simply can't work like that. However, we are in such a precarious position right now that it's possible we may well get ourselves a vulture rather than a knight in shining armour. 

In either scenario we could literally do a Leeds. Or a Wednesday. Or a Forest. We are a consistently failing business and we are about to drop to The Championship with a squad that needs a COMPLETE overhaul and a last set of accounts showing a £28m loss and an £80m wage bill. I'm generally an optimist mate, but the more and more I've thought about this the more terrified I am that the whole house of cards is about the fall down and we are going to plummet into a hole it could take us over a decade, minimum, to get out of. 

No matter what Little or Bernstein tell you, Aston Villa are in serious, serious trouble.

Do not get me wrong, it could happen if Lerner pulls the plug but I still think that is scaremongering mate. I suppose, I am choosing to be a bit more optimistic about next season  and the coming seasons. Whatever we think of Lerner, nobody can question the money he has put in - I doubt Little, King or Bernstein would take roles to be associated with the destruction of Aston Villa.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NeilS said:

I Kind of agree with your point there Demitri. It is not a good feeling right now, but with the season we have endured it should be no shock that we are getting relegated. At no point  this season have we been given false hope of survival by this rag tag bunch, therefore I don't expect to see any tears (from grown ups) when it is confirmed, or banners saying "We'll be back" etc. This bunch have been the worst set of players we have ever seen. We have had the piss taken out of us so much this season already, So don't give any further ammunition to the piss takers, take it on the chin knowing that we will be back at some point, maybe not next season, but soon things will get better.

Spot on Neil. I dont believe all this crap from media, pundits etc that we will suffer back to back relegations. they said the same when Newcastle went down and they won title with with ease. No one knows what squad we will have, manager, or what other teams will be like. the other thing that winds me up is when people like Merson saying who will sign any of these players? I mean your not signing the whole squad. there will be teams interested in individual players. For example I could see a French club coming in for Gana and Veretout. 

fans going saturday should party, not get upset when we are relegated. show them who we are as  a fanbase, the owner might be killing the club but not the fans passion

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

...All Lerner has to do is stop putting money in, which is not just some wild unsubstantiated scaremongering tactic. It's a distinct possibility given his previous irrational behaviour....

I think that's rather a strange part of your post, the bit quoted. There are 2 big inconsistencies in it, to my reading, Dave. Firstly while it is possible that Randy Lerner "will stop putting money in", it actually does seem a bit of an unsubstantiated claim, based on all the evidence available - he has consistently been putting money in every year, to cover losses and (while maybe not considered enough) to buy players and to spend on the ground etc. His behaviour re the finances has been entirely rational, throughout. It's all the rest of the stuff that has been less wise or rational. it's also, as we have all said,  necessary to get back up again, and this will involve putting money in, if only for the motive of being able to value the club at a price where selling it is viable.

The second point "we are in such a precarious position right now that it's possible we may well get ourselves a vulture", combined with a low current value of the club mean that exhortations for him to sell up ASAP are misplaced, in my opinion.

I think football fan mentality - "get rid of him, sod the risks or the consequences" is understandable. But I wonder if that course of action would actually be the best one. 

We have debt of £30 mill. Randy calls it in, we sell the new recruits and other players who will not go to the championship and we pay off our debt with millions spare. With the right manager you can be comfortably top half of the table even making a profit on player sales - see Hull. Administration is not only the worst case scenario, it is literally impossible as things stand.

Â