Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

29 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

We can be relegated tomorrow if Sunderland beat Leicester! 

Really hope Sunderland win then if that's the case. Can't stand Leicester and I just want to get this confirmed.

• Like 2

I might be being stupid (usually), but how does Sunderland beating Leicester relegate us? They'll be on 30 points, which we can still achieve. I mean, we can't but y'know, mathematics 'n' all that..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

I might be being stupid (usually), but how does Sunderland beating Leicester relegate us? They'll be on 30 points, which we can still achieve. I mean, we can't but y'know, mathematics 'n' all that..

sunderland play norwich next weekend

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel, with a huge amount of retrospective that it was a mistake to sack Sherwood.

At the time it made sense, he was a bad fit, however I can't help think that the upheaval hasn't helped the team at all. As bad as we were playing, I think it's worse now.

And the straw that broke the camels back, the Leicester game wasn't such a travesty after all, with hindsight.

Garde was the wrong man for the time and his record was unforgivably bad. That's not to say it was entirely his fault though.

Again, hindsight. But that's my thoughts.

Next manager. Moyes, give him what he wants. Let him change everything at the club. He's got a good record in the transfer market and will make us organised and hard to beat. I think he'll get us promoted and set us up as a midtable PL team. Like we were before. That would be lovely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hope it's tomorrow rather than giving the plastics round here the bragging rights next week 

Might be different for you, but I really don't think that's going to be the case. None of my man utd mates have said anything along the lines of "can't wait until next week" etc.

I think the way it's gone is almost like the relegation confirmation has been "spread" across the two weeks. Any bragging rights are pretty diluted I would think, even to the most plastic of fans.

50 minutes ago, PaulC said:

15 pts and a 19 goal difference to make up in 5 games, can't we just say we are down now

I'm pretty sure a few years back Hull were in a very similar position but had about a 30 worse GD than the teams above them and there were only 2 games left so Sky and BBC just thought **** it and put relegated next to them and nobody objected. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm starting to feel, with a huge amount of retrospective that it was a mistake to sack Sherwood.

At the time it made sense, he was a bad fit, however I can't help think that the upheaval hasn't helped the team at all. As bad as we were playing, I think it's worse now.

And the straw that broke the camels back, the Leicester game wasn't such a travesty after all, with hindsight.

Garde was the wrong man for the time and his record was unforgivably bad. That's not to say it was entirely his fault though.

Next manager. Moyes, give him what he wants. Let him change everything at the club. He's got a good record in the transfer market and will make us organised and hard to beat. I think he'll get us promoted and set us up as a midtable PL team. Like we were before. That would be lovely.

Sherwood screwed up so many winnable home games early on though....Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke, Swansea, 1 point from that lot.

Edit: I do think we'd have picked up a bit earlier than under Garde, maybe won a game or two over xmas but it would've still been a massive task and one beyond him. 

Edited by VillaChris

24 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

The mistake was to not replace him in the summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sunderland play norwich next weekend

Oh, well spotted. Maths prize for Zatman!  :hooray:

I've got a feeling however that Sunderland winning against Leicester is  about as remote a possibility as us ever winning another match this season, so I suspect the agony will be drawn out until next weekend. It'll be in our own hands then - a loss or draw against the Mancies will relegate us without having to rely on any other team's results.

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nothing more to say, we are gutless disgrace, a pathetic excuse for a football team, I wish nothing but bad things for pretty much everyone involved.

Yep. I wouldn't blame the fans if they pelted the players with shit at the next home game, as that is what they have served up all season. 

I'd gladly sack the lot of the useless money grabbing bottle jobs. 

• Like 1

Â