Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I think you're in for a shock next season.

We lose next week, we're mathematically down. Norwich better our result and we're down regardless.

I thought if Newcastle and Sunderland go down they will automatically take the better players available in the league. We might have sneaked automatic promotion in a more open league but with them both them coming down we might be lucky to make play-offs

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I thought if Newcastle and Sunderland go down they will automatically take the better players available in the league. We might have sneaked automatic promotion in a more open league but with them both them coming down we might be lucky to make play-offs

We might be lucky to stay in the championship unless theres dramatic improvements. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We will finish above Sunderland if they go down. I can see Sam leaving and Sunderland struggling.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

why is that?

We have been ready for the drop for years now. All nufc jan purchases will not have relegation clauses. The likes of Defoe will not have relegation clauses. It will be a race to restructure and we have an advantage there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We have been ready for the drop for years now. All nufc jan purchases will not have relegation clauses. The likes of Defoe will not have relegation clauses. It will be a race to restructure and we have an advantage there.

cant imagine Micah Richards has a relegation clause as no way he would sign on a Bosman if he didnt, same with Lescott

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I mean that we will probably struggle in the Championship and not be near the playoffs. 

They said at the AGM every player in the squad has one, those that didn't like bacuna got new contracts for the purpose of putting the clause in

The comments from the AGM that I saw suggested we are very geared up for the drop

Just now, villarule123 said:

I mean that we will probably struggle in the Championship and not be near the playoffs. 

I wouldnt be surprised but any small chance we have for me dwindles with 2 big clubs down with us. If we went down with say Norwich and Swansea I would fancy us a lot more than now

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unlikely that their best players stay to be honest. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

So is it next week we can officially get relegated?

Yep (I think!)

If Norwich draw to Palace and we lose to Bournemouth.

Or if Norwich beat Palace and we only draw.

edited- I know one of those possibilities involves us actually getting a point, but I thought I'd include it just to cover all bases.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

cant imagine Micah Richards has a relegation clause as no way he would sign on a Bosman if he didnt, same with Lescott

It was confirmed at the AGM. Sunderland are screwed if they drop.

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Defoe stays and bangs in 30 goals and get automatic promotion then its well worth the risk

Â