Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Norwich have to better our result. 

But if we and Norwich lose the best we can do is match their point tally 

if they lose 5-0 we will lose 6-0, its the Villa way

• Like 1

Surely we are mathematially down now as it stands? Best we can do is win 5 on the spin for 15 points, putting us on 31. We have a goal difference of -41 and Norwich have a goal difference of -22. Even if they don't get another point we can't beat them. There are only 2 teams we can finish above surely?

Welcome to the Championship, surely Dowie is a wind up?

The amazing thing is we havent even put a single above average performance in the last few games. Not even a hint of a performance. The entire season has just been one long sea of grey. 

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Surely we are mathematially down now as it stands? Best we can do is win 5 on the spin for 15 points, putting us on 31. We have a goal difference of -41 and Norwich have a goal difference of -22. Even if they don't get another point we can't beat them. There are only 2 teams we can finish above surely?

Welcome to the Championship, surely Dowie is a wind up?

But the goal difference can be caught, so we're not mathematically down. 

It'll be signed, sealed and sorted next week though. 

Only us winning and Norwich losing will 'mathematically' prolong it further.

Edited by supernova26

Just now, supernova26 said:

But the goal difference can be caught, so we're not mathematically down. 

True, that's as unlikely as the winning five on the bounce though. Still I spose we're lacking the last official nail in the bollocks. Happy days.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

15 pts and a 19 goal difference to make up in 5 games, can't we just say we are down now

Very much how I'm looking at it. I didn't want to get relegated against Man Utd but looking at it, it's really a formality and for me, any "novelty" of it being them sending us down is fairly non existent.

There were plenty of games that it could be argued relegated us this season, but if I look back in years to come, I'll consider today as being the day that "officially" consigned us to the second tier.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

10 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

We can be relegated tomorrow if Sunderland beat Leicester! 

no we cant :)

Edit: actually my bad we will :P

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Chicken Field said:

I want Sunderland relegated and I want Leicester to get relegated, so I do not hope it happens tomorrow :)

I think Leicester might have enough points to stay up now 

• Like 4

Â