Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Defoe stays and bangs in 30 goals and get automatic promotion then its well worth the risk

Yep, he probably will. But who knows what their owner will do when faced with relegation, much like ours.

As someone who doesn't play FM, could the concept of a relegation clause be explained to me? Obviously something changes (wages etc.) but do they benefit the club or the player? Do the players get released or do we have the power to keep them, or is it to do with being able to keep them on much lower wages?

How does having them written into the players contract help prepare us for the drop is basically what I'm asking!

1 minute ago, pagan457 said:

As someone who doesn't play FM, could the concept of a relegation clause be explained to me? Obviously something changes (wages etc.) but do they benefit the club or the player? Do the players get released or do we have the power to keep them, or is it to do with being able to keep them on much lower wages?

How does having them written into the players contract help prepare us for the drop is basically what I'm asking!

its like an agreed percentage of wages are cut from salary after relegation, i think if promoted back up the original salary is paid

How depressing...

I live near Rotherham now. Here I am sat in my front room when I hear some kids walking past on the street bouncing a football. One says to the other "I hope Rotherham stay up", other kid says "so do I, we'll be playing Villa next season". 

That's our reality now.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

How depressing...

I live near Rotherham now. Here I am sat in my front room when I hear some kids walking past on the street bouncing a football. One says to the other "I hope Rotherham stay up", other kid says "so do I, we'll be playing Villa next season". 

That's our reality now.

haha did that actually happen?!

1 hour ago, pagan457 said:

Depends on what was negotiated at the time they signed. Could be a wage drop, agreed cut-price transfer or a release or then again maybe none of the above.

Just now, Arj Guy said:

haha did that actually happen?!

Yep! It genuinely did, I heard them clear as day. I fear it will get worse next season, especially if Sheff Weds go up there's loads of their fans round here.

• Like 1

Im really glad Newcastle lost. Them and Sunderland coming down with us woulb be nice. It will ease the pressure and we will feel less bad in the coming weeks.

Next season we will worry about it after knowing how our summer will go.

Something I've been expecting to happen is about too....

What you ask?

‏@StanCollymore
BREAKING. Sunday Times tomorrow alludes to Premier League footballers involved in doping scandal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our players obviously not involved, but the teams involved imo should face relegation! Some of them definitely have 'creative scientists' in their camp.

Edited by supernova26

So next week it's all over finally?

We lose to Bournemouth and Norwich pick up something and mathematically it's done.

Will certainly stay to the end, I expect massive abuse at any player brave enough to even cross the halfway line towards the Holte End.

37 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

What you ask?

‏@StanCollymore
BREAKING. Sunday Times tomorrow alludes to Premier League footballers involved in doping scandal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our players obviously not involved, but the teams involved imo should face relegation! Some of them definitely have 'creative scientists' in their camp.

Why not any of ours? Wouldn't surprise me at all. A couple of them have physically disappeared without trace so wouldn't surprise me if the press, who probably have knowledge about players from bigger clubs, use our demise to exploit it all. 

Its really funny that 3 of us seem to be going down at once.

All three teams wanted to laugh at the other. Funnily all seem to be going together.

Well this way is much better to make them laugh at the end.

I hope we use the advantage of 2 months before other teams begin working.

57 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

What you ask?

‏@StanCollymore

I hope it is ours it would at least give an explanation to things 

'Doping' would ordinarily mean 'performance enhancing', which is clearly not the case at Villa. 

Maybe they thought doping meant smoking dope? it would explain the lethargic performances, it would explain Gabby's KFC addiction too.

44 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Its really funny that 3 of us seem to be going down at once.

All three teams wanted to laugh at the other. Funnily all seem to be going together.

Well this way is much better to make them laugh at the end.

I hope we use the advantage of 2 months before other teams begin working.

It also concerns me, as out the three we have the most to do to mount a promotion challenge, with the chairman the least motivated to do so. The pain of been laughed for dropping would be preferable to getting stuck in the championship.  

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's not depressing, it's for all the wrong reasons but it'll be great to feel relevant again

They were probably just thinking, there's 6 points nailed on for the MIllers next season

• Like 1

Â