Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I've watched 30 minutes of this Burnley vs Derby match and it's utterly dire stuff. I can't watch this shit next season. No team ever seems to exert themselves over another in this rubbish league. It's just clogging and hoofing all the time.

That's alright then, we'll beat them all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Once this season is over, if we are in the Championship then at least we will definitely be top of the league. Until kick off the first day that is.

Depends if Afc Bournemouth get relegated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supernova26 said:

I've watched 30 minutes of this Burnley vs Derby match and it's utterly dire stuff. I can't watch this shit next season. No team ever seems to exert themselves over another in this rubbish league. It's just clogging and hoofing all the time.

Wel fit right in.

People in the Transfer thread keep talking about Jordan Rhodes so I thought I'd look at his goals last season. He looks more mobile than Gestede but the thing that jumped out at me was the huge amount if defensive errors. This gives me a lot of hope if we can keep the core of our team and sign a mobile striker. I think that Traore and Ayew will have fun in that league.

I wouldn't renew anyone's contract (for those up in the summer) and I would allow anyone who wants to go to leave, provided we get a sensible bid.

We need to completely rebuild now, no patch jobs, I can accept a season or two in the wilderness if we can put the club back on to a course and platform which will benefit us for decades to come.

Problem is we could have a massive clearout and generate £20-£25 million. But we would not see that reinvested in the squad. Randy want his money back. That is what we have a bean counter here! What will happen is Remi( if he hasn't walked) will be told to start using the youth players. If some of them are any good they will be sold. This is the bright future this club has!

Not sure if / where I'm allowed to post this, assumed this was the best place to go. Started up a blog, i'm a Uni student in Derby. This article just states my thoughts on relegation really. If any of you wouldn't mind having a look, that would be awesome. If you like it, keep checking back because I'm going to be contributing at least once a week. If this isn't allowed then feel free to get rid of it Mods. 

https://prideofwitton.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/what-is-worst-case-scenario/

Edited by skarroki

On 1/25/2016 at 18:26, av1 said:

We are struggling to get one while we are in the Premiership ;)

I remember one of the years SHA went down they got Muamba, Seb Larsson and Bendtner all in one go and all three were crucial to them coming straight back up.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I remember one of the years SHA went down they got Muamba, Seb Larsson and Bendtner all in one go and all three were crucial to them coming straight back up.

How shit was that league ;)

Very that year. The other two that got promoted were Sunderland (who walked it despite being bottom when Roy Keane took over) and Derby (and we all know how well they did the next year). Wolves also made the play offs with a bunch of freebies and loans,

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

denmark-vs-usa-memes_4.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skarroki said:

Not sure if / where I'm allowed to post this, assumed this was the best place to go. Started up a blog, i'm a Uni student in Derby. This article just states my thoughts on relegation really. If any of you wouldn't mind having a look, that would be awesome. If you like it, keep checking back because I'm going to be contributing at least once a week. If this isn't allowed then feel free to get rid of it Mods. 

https://prideofwitton.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/what-is-worst-case-scenario/

I read your article and I fear that if we go down we might not come back up for a long long time.I think the big money in the PL will cause an elite in the championship with the 3 clubs that come down in the next 2 seasons, I fear they will pull away from the rest making promotion so very much harder.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I read your article and I fear that if we go down we might not come back up for a long long time.I think the big money in the PL will cause an elite in the championship with the 3 clubs that come down in the next 2 seasons, I fear they will pull away from the rest making promotion so very much harder.

It will likely become a closed group of 23 to maybe 26 teams that stay in the Premiership with the weakest six to nine rotating in promotion and relegation. The 23 being next years premiership teams and the three teams promoted up next season (hopefully Villa if we do go down). The other three teams being mixed in being those that get into the Premiership the year after and are financially viable enough to not get completely left behind after only a year or two (big stadiums/following/sponsorships). The increased parachute payments will keep the top of the Championship pretty stable. Villa need to make sure we get back up asap.

The only other way a team will get up is with either a lot of luck or a change to the financial fair play rules.

36 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It will likely become a closed group of 23 to maybe 26 teams that stay in the Premiership with the weakest six to nine rotating in promotion and relegation. The 23 being next years premiership teams and the three teams promoted up next season (hopefully Villa if we do go down). The other three teams being mixed in being those that get into the Premiership the year after and are financially viable enough to not get completely left behind after only a year or two (big stadiums/following/sponsorships). The increased parachute payments will keep the top of the Championship pretty stable. Villa need to make sure we get back up asap.

The only other way a team will get up is with either a lot of luck or a change to the financial fair play rules.

I think Leicester this season have helped to show the flaws in that theory to be honest. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think Leicester this season have helped to show the flaws in that theory to be honest. 

There will always be exceptions to any rule but I think it will get quite stable going forwards due to the difference in resources. It will be a more exaggerated version of Olympiacos winning the Greek League nine times out of ten or the same usual teams in the top four.

Â