Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Anyone think Albion may be messing both us and the player about here?

This deal is dragging on longer than I had expected given they have signed a replacement. Are Albion prepared to keep an unhappy player rather than to sell to us and to string us both along until the close of the window?     

I think this has to be a done deal. Or near.

I think it might be that Evans needs persuading that WBA are worth a punt that's stalling the deal. I can't see Pullis being as intense a personality as Sherwood in one-to-one meetings. Especially if Evans is asking questions about Berahino.

??? Evans has already signed and been pictured with their shirt.

If it means getting Clark out the side then by all means. Hope it's only a year deal we need to be focusing more on the future this is a short term soli

solution

We're focusing so much on the future we need to take care of the here and now = Lescott.

Clark, Baker Okore are all future.

Agree with the first part, don't agree with the second part -I hope Clark and Baker are not the future of Aston Villa
IMO Clark > Okore.

IMO Clark < Okore.

IMO Clark <3 Okore.

Not ITK.

• Like 2

I think this has to be a done deal. Or near.

I think it might be that Evans needs persuading that WBA are worth a punt that's stalling the deal. I can't see Pullis being as intense a personality as Sherwood in one-to-one meetings. Especially if Evans is asking questions about Berahino.

??? Evans has already signed and been pictured with their shirt.

Whoops. These ill-informed posters, eh?! Stand corrected!

Pullis facial?! There's a Bank Holiday image for you.

If it means getting Clark out the side then by all means. Hope it's only a year deal we need to be focusing more on the future this is a short term soli

solution

We're focusing so much on the future we need to take care of the here and now = Lescott.

Clark, Baker Okore are all future.

Agree with the first part, don't agree with the second part -I hope Clark and Baker are not the future of Aston Villa

IMO Clark > Okore.

IMO Clark < Okore.

Well, you did say you had been drinking.  :)

Anyone think Albion may be messing both us and the player about here?

This deal is dragging on longer than I had expected given they have signed a replacement. Are Albion prepared to keep an unhappy player rather than to sell to us and to string us both along until the close of the window?     

Wouldn't be surprised if Albion were messing us about. Hope not though!

IMO Clark < Okore.

Well, you did say you had been drinking.  :)

I think Okore's performances at the end of last season were because he was carrying a bit of an injury (but I could be wrong about this, obviously).

I like Clark. He did very well last season, but he's already made at least two big mistakes this season. It's not that I've forgotten that he was good last season, it's that he's making mistakes this season. Hopefully he's just been a bit rusty and will come good, but he can't really complain if someone else gets a run in his place now.

To me, the uninjured Okore we had at the start of last season was a better and more athletic defender than Clark, as well as being far, far better at playing it from the back, but maybe I'm just blind to his faults.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

23:58

VILLA AGREE LESCOTT FEE

Aston Villa have agreed a fee with West Brom for central defender Joleon Lescott, according to Sky sources.

Lescott will undergo a medical with Aston Villa on Tuesday and, all going well, will then complete his transfer for a fee of £1m which could rise to £2m.

The arrival of James Chester from Hull City and Jonny Evans from Manchester United have pushed Lescott down the pecking order at the Hawthorns.

Tim Sherwood is keen to add the experienced former Manchester City player, who has 26 England caps, to his squad before the window closes.

If the move goes through, Lescott will become Sherwood’s 11th signing of an extremely busy summer at Villa Park.

From my point of view the Jedi are evil

Could you expand on your point of view?

Child soldiers ?

Bad for Kony but OK for the Council.

Health and safety ?

I dont even like looking at kids twirling sparklers on bonfire night, nevermind flipping lightsabres.

Edited by Brumerican

Â