Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Joleon Lescott now a Villan.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Joleon Lescott.

The 33-year-old defender has joined the club on a two year deal from West Bromwich Albion.

Villa fan Lescott becomes our eleventh signing this summer.

The England international has previously played for the Baggies, Man City, Everton and Wolves.

Lescott won the Premier League title at the Etihad Stadium in 2012 and 2014, the FA Cup in 2011 and the League Cup in 2014.

Manager Tim Sherwood is delighted to bring such an experienced player into his flourishing claret and blue ranks.

He said: "I'm delighted to bring Joleon on board.

"He's a player who has great Premier League experience and he'll be a huge help to the younger members of our squad."

Tune into AVTV HD this evening for the first exclusive interview with Joleon Lescott.

Link

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right?  Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I haven't watched him, so I don't know...but I can't get excited about a boggie cast off from the face of it.

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right? Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I haven't watched him, so I don't know...but I can't get excited about a boggie cast off from the face of it.

I have WBA- supporting mates who say he was their best player last season, and are pissed off that he's been sold.

Lescott actually won the supporters' player of the year award there last season. This in a season where Berahino got 20 goals. He's far from being a cast off. What makes this triple sweet is that we've weakened a rival and they happen to be local :)

• Like 1

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but realistically...he's surplus at the boggies right? Has he been any good for them last season, is he going to be any good for us?

I have WBA- supporting mates who say he was their best player last season, and are pissed off that he's been sold.

Hmm, my mates wife is a season ticket holder...I'll ask her about him.

I just can't imagine why a team of fellow strugglers last season were more than happy to offload to their local rivals for peanuts.  THey could have just paid the peanuts and kept him, surely, if he was any good.

Ho hum.

Â