Adama Traore

mwj

He's even worse than I remember, was a nothing player tonight, he looked a bit lazy and never really up for it, can't remember him testing elmo, didn't try and run him which was blindingly obvious given elmos age and lack of pace, elmo read the game better than him, stepped in from of him time and time again 

Think he had 2 crosses, both went out for a goal kick can't remember a shot or anything of any interest

Compare him to neto....embarrassing 

• Like 2

If offered the choice of having him or Albert Adomah playing for us again, I might just go for Adomah. Adama offers nothing. His overall contribution is easily a net negative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's even worse than I remember, was a nothing player tonight, he looked a bit lazy and never really up for it, can't remember him testing elmo, didn't try and run him which was blindingly obvious given elmos age and lack of pace, elmo read the game better than him, stepped in from of him time and time again 

Think he had 2 crosses, both went out for a goal kick can't remember a shot or anything of any interest

Compare him to neto....embarrassing 

Elmo was there to be destroyed if honest, nothing on Elmo but he doesnt have the speed but Adama played into his hands. I thought he came off at one stage

My pre match prediction was that he would awaken from his malaise today and play a blinder, but no he liked exactly like, if not worse than that completely ineffective player we had. 

• Like 1

Looks like he’s lost a bit of pace to me, or perhaps everyone has a plan for him now.

Reminds me of Bolasie at Palace in a way in terms of being a complete one trick pony but can be completely unplayable on his, rare, day.

10 hours ago, penguin said:

Looks like he’s lost a bit of pace to me, or perhaps everyone has a plan for him now.

And me, if you was watching hkn for the first time last night there wasn't a single sit up and take notice moment from him, no "bloody hell he's a bit quick" nothing at all

Not sure if he's lost a yard of pace or doesn't know what to do with it, hard to believe that they haven't told him all week just run at elmo, everything was there for him to take the game to us and he did absolutely nothing 

I could tell by the look on his face that he is really low on confidence and a bit anxious about getting on the ball.  I sense he is one of those footballers who just doesn't have a great feel for the game, he has so many other attributes that when he is confident he just does stuff by instinct but doesn't have a lot to fall back on to at least do a job tactically when out of form.  I always thought Walcott is a bit like that.  I'm probably one of the few who would take him back if the price was right (which it probably never will be tbh).

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I could tell by the look on his face that he is really low on confidence and a bit anxious about getting on the ball.  I sense he is one of those footballers who just doesn't have a great feel for the game, he has so many other attributes that when he is confident he just does stuff by instinct but doesn't have a lot to fall back on to at least do a job tactically when out of form.  I always thought Walcott is a bit like that.  I'm probably one of the few who would take him back if the price was right (which it probably never will be tbh).

I dunno maybe he just needs a bit more lube.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

The guy has no football brain, was it Karanka or Pulis who would swap him at half time so that he was always played on the same side as the manager. Only way you get anything from him 

It was Pulis

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

The guy has no football brain, was it Karanka or Pulis who would swap him at half time so that he was always played on the same side as the manager. Only way you get anything from him 

Had a look on the wolves forum to see what they said about him, there seems to be a fair few of them saying that Moutinho has to spend the game micro managing him but hes now ignoring him

More than a few wanting podence back fit

The interesting thing was how many think that the most they would get for him is around £25m and for that much they might as well just keep him as an impact sub 

If Traore couldn’t learn the game well enough at La Masia, it’s probably not gonna click for him.

I wonder if clubs trying to coach him has actually had a net negative effect, should have just kept him as a special teams player.

Â