Adama Traore

mwj

26 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To know where you'd put him, make it as if he's offered to Villa. Who'd you get instead of him? I know there are many players, but you'll know by then where he is.

With how we play and what we are Villa obviously take him in a heart beat

I think you could make a good case for his approach and style being more effective for us than Jack's even though Jack is a much better player... 

But the top teams who do they take? Juve take kulusevski, bayern take sane, they are completely different wide men to what traore is doing, someone will probably take sancho, if someone wants cheaper than traore they look at Leon Bailey, someone should look at chiesa, somebody probably will get lumped with draxler who's fell off a cliff and dembele who can't stay fit 

• 4 weeks later...

Wolves ace Adama Traore slaps BABY OIL on his arms so defenders can’t grab him as he runs past them

ADAMA TRAORE is feared throughout Europe for his blistering pace.

However, Chelsea defenders beware - the speedy Spaniard literally is greased lightning these days after Wolves tweaked his pre-match preparations.

The 24-year-old winger, already one of the slipperiest customers in the Premier League, will be even harder to get to grips with at Stamford Bridge today.

Wolves medics came up with a cunning new ploy to protect their star forward.

They smother his arms in baby oil before games!

Eagle-eyed fans spotted Wolves backroom staff plastering Traore’s muscular arms with the slippery stuff before and during breaks in last week’s 3-0 home win over Crystal Palace.

It’s their smart solution to prevent beaten defenders tugging at Traore’s arms when he goes past him to try and slow him down.

The underhand tactic was playing havoc with the winger’s troublesome shoulder which he dislocated at home to Spurs in December.

Since then it’s popped out a further four times, most recently against Sheffield United earlier this month.

Traore has been bravely soldiering on with the help of a bespoke brace which Wolves had specially made to help protect their burly forward - now they have come up with their oily solution.

“It’s something we’ve had to do to protect Adama,” a Wolves insider confirmed.

“Defenders are so worried about him getting away from them with his pace they were reaching out and tugging at his arm.

“That was causing the shoulder to pop out during games.

"Lubricating his arms makes it harder for opponents to grab him and helps prevent further damage.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12224493/adama-traore-baby-oil-wolves-dislocated-shoulder/

• 3 weeks later...

has he played 90 mins post lockdown?

he's still all flash with jimenez at least giving him a bit of bang

still maintain that these clubs that are linked with him for £100m, the big boys, man citys and liverpools of the world do not play a style of football that would come even close to suiting him (as in they actually play football...) football brain isn't there, he's a quicker more powerful more exciting to watch theo walcott

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

not sure if srs

Obviously you shouldn't just use stats as your basis for an opinion but he is 3rd best player in the league according to whoscored. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/7811/Stages/17590/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2019-2020

4 goals and 9 assists isnt a terrible return. He is a top quality player and has been consistent all season. Rarely has a bad game these days.

• Confused 1

He's just not good enough for those teams. He only starts half of Wolves' games for a start.

And that's because that's his best asset, being an impact player. 

Jack Grealish is twice the player Adama Traore will ever be

• Like 2

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

He is a top quality player and has been consistent all season. Rarely has a bad game these days.

I couldn't disagree with this more to be honest.

He's not top quality. His biggest weakness is his lack of consistency and he often has bad games.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I couldn't disagree with this more to be honest.

He's not top quality. His biggest weakness is his lack of consistency and he often has bad games.

That's fine. You can disagree. The stats and from what I have seen he's been brilliant this year. Wolves are a pretty defensive team and he is still got good numbers. Obviously having Jiminez helps. 

Look at the whoscored top 10. There's no outliers there. The top 10 is exactly who you would expect to be there and he is one of them.

I think people have this perception of Adama which probably was true a few years ago but he's changed massively since then. It's a shame our fans didn't have the patience for players like him, Veretout, Gana, Amavi, Ayew etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's just not good enough for those teams. He only starts half of Wolves' games for a start.

And that's because that's his best asset, being an impact player. 

Jack Grealish is twice the player Adama Traore will ever be

27 games he has started and 10 off the bench. He expends so much energy with his pace I think Nuno tries to manage him. He's had 6 MOTMs this season. Only De Bruyne and Mane have more. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

That's fine. You can disagree. The stats and from what I have seen he's been brilliant this year. Wolves are a pretty defensive team and he is still got good numbers. Obviously having Jiminez helps. 

Look at the whoscored top 10. There's no outliers there. The top 10 is exactly who you would expect to be there and he is one of them.

I think people have this perception of Adama which probably was true a few years ago but he's changed massively since then. It's a shame our fans didn't have the patience for players like him, Veretout, Gana, Amavi, Ayew etc.

Didn't the majority leave when we went down? Then Ayew went to the Premier League and Amavi to Marseille, don't really see what our fans patience has to do with that I imagine most people given the choice would have kept hold of them.

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’m with you. Not sure how anyone can not think he has been outstanding this season. On his day he is unplayable against the best teams in the league. How many players can you say that about?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I work in Wolverhampton so know lots of wolves fans, and as a result watch them a lot. I’m also pretty good mates with a respected Wolves journalist.

not that it proves anything but their view is far closer to mine than it is to yours. 

he’s a good player. He’s improved loads since he was with us. 

But he’s not top quality

Â