Adama Traore

mwj

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Zat beat me to it.

Chelsea are doing some great business. They don't need him and he wouldn't get in the team if they signed him anyway.

As exciting as he is, he's just not good enough for that top level, imo

Dont see the hype in hudson odoi. Very over rated. Traore is a lot better than him. Pedro is veey hit and miss.

Willian and pulisic are excellent players

On 28/06/2020 at 18:35, Zatman said:

He cant get into Wolves starting 11

Look at the impact he has. How many points has he won for Wolves this season, quite a few. He’s still learning the game and improving. Unless he gets a major injury which slows him down he’s going right to the top 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont see the hype in hudson odoi. Very over rated. Traore is a lot better than him. Pedro is veey hit and miss.

Willian and pulisic are excellent players

Pedro and willian are leaving this summer

agree that Chelsea don't need him though, they have other needs in that team, their front 3 is good enough with pulisic, CHO, werner, Abraham, ziyech

their defence needs too much work to spend that much on traore

also disagree that all the top teams in Europe would want him, again linking him to Liverpool, Liverpool simply don't play a style of football that suits him, the majority of top teams dont anymore, he cant play pep's brand of football for example, wolves on the other hand really do, they play to his strengths with their width and counter attacking

if someone is buying a £50m+ winger this summer no one in their right mind is taking traore over sancho

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He would be an asset to any top club in Europe. There’s nobody else like him. Think if Liverpool signed him Klopp would made him world class 

Liverpool won’t sign him. And neither will any club at that level. He’s not good enough. 

again he only starts about two thirds of Wolves’ games. If he was that good he’d be playing every minute

• Like 1

He is 25 in January so he isnt some prospect either. Its his 5th season in England and Nuno has gotten the best out of him by using him as an impact sub. 

He has nothing on Ashley Young who was a hell of a better footballer when he went to United and people then thought he would struggle to step up

Liverpool won't sign him because he doesn't do enough when his team don't have the ball.  He needs to be used as a wide striker if anything.  Get him into 1 v 1's and get him wide.  His strength is his speed, strength and dribbling ability.  

29 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Liverpool won't sign him because he doesn't do enough when his team don't have the ball.  He needs to be used as a wide striker if anything.  Get him into 1 v 1's and get him wide.  His strength is his speed, strength and dribbling ability.  

Klopp would lose his false teeth shouting at him the whole game. At Boro Pulis made him play whatever wing the bench was on so he could bark orders

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Klopp would lose his false teeth shouting at him the whole game. At Boro Pulis made him play whatever wing the bench was on so he could bark orders

Sure that wasn't Karanka? ;)  

(And Nuno)

(And Sherwood) 

I think the media are getting carried away with how good he actually is. They see his size and speed and think he's some unstoppable young cristano ronaldo mutant. He's not. He's obviously worked on his final ball and that's made him a better player but he's not a world beater.  

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think the media are getting carried away with how good he actually is. They see his size and speed and think he's some unstoppable young cristano ronaldo mutant. He's not. He's obviously worked on his final ball and that's made him a better player but he's not a world beater.  

I think it helps that most Premier League full backs are quite poor defensively. Would have liked see him come up against a Cole or an Evra as they would have made him look stupid

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think it helps that most Premier League full backs are quite poor defensively. Would have liked see him come up against a Cole or an Evra as they would have made him look stupid

He has improved since, but this is what used to happen when he came on for us when we were in the Premier League.

He'd come on and first time he got the ball he'd cause havoc because the defenders didn't know what to do.

Then they'd adjust and he'd do nothing for the rest of the game. I vividly remember it happening against Arsenal and Watford. In fact It's kind of what happened against us on the weekend. They scored as soon as he came on because our defenders shat themselves. Once they'd settle down he didn't do much.

He's clearly worked on his game, and by all accounts Nuno has worked with him a lot. So he's improved a lot and he's genuinely a very good player now.

But all this talk of him signing for one of the elite clubs is very wide of the mark, imo. He just isn't good enough.
In fact if Wolves manage to make the step up to a genuine Champions League club I imagine he'd be moved on, or be a bit part player at most.

21 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

I very much hope scouts across Europe agree with the assessments in here!

You'll obviously rate him being a wolves fan and I'll never say he's not exciting but

1) you think he's good enough for Liverpool, City, psg, Juve, bayern, barca, Madrid etc proper top table team? 

2) like I keep saying you think any of those teams play with that kind of winger? 

I think the answer is no to both, for how easy and how often he beats his man his end product is still inconsistent and more importantly I think his kind of play is not theirs, sane moving from one top club to another look how he plays, that is modern wing play that they're looking for, traore is not that player 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's why he doesn't get in Liverpool team for a start... The natural width and crossing comes from TAA and Robertson not the wide attackers, they cut in 

Yes but the stats show he is now a very very good player who could easily step up to the next level. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but the stats show he is now a very very good player who could easily step up to the next level. 

I think the best he will get is a team chasing CL, at a push 4th in the league and CL group stage

And that's exactly where he is now

Next level is the top table and I just don't see it

And that's a lot better than where I thought he would be... Nuno deserves a lot of credit for how he's playing both in terms of set up and coaching 

10 years ago he would have been at a top team, the game has evolved since then. 10 years ago, Champions United were making Antonio Valencia their marquee signing on the wing to replace Ronaldo. Adama would have been absolutely deadly in that team.

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You'll obviously rate him being a wolves fan and I'll never say he's not exciting but

1) you think he's good enough for Liverpool, City, psg, Juve, bayern, barca, Madrid etc proper top table team? 

2) like I keep saying you think any of those teams play with that kind of winger? 

I think the answer is no to both, for how easy and how often he beats his man his end product is still inconsistent and more importantly I think his kind of play is not theirs, sane moving from one top club to another look how he plays, that is modern wing play that they're looking for, traore is not that player 

To know where you'd put him, make it as if he's offered to Villa. Who'd you get instead of him? I know there are many players, but you'll know by then where he is.

Â