Adama Traore

mwj

First touch from Adama after coming on and he went from the penalty box to  penalty box in like 5 seconds :lol: . Almost resulted in a goal too. Oh how I wished he stayed and terrorized this division :( 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

First touch from Adama after coming on and he went from the penalty box to  penalty box in like 5 seconds :lol: . Almost resulted in a goal too. Oh how I wished he stayed and terrorized this division :( 

Did he then go down injured not to be seen again for another 6 weeks?

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

SSN said he changed the game when he came on. 

I think boro will get more from him than we did. 

he played nearly as many minutes today than he did in his entire time at Villa :P

shocking management from Garde

• Like 2

Phil Thompson in his match report says that he's quick but there were several times when his final ball wasn't good enough

looking at the Boro forums they're having the same debate we had, what's the point in his mind blowingly quick run if he then doesn't pass and loses the ball

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Phil Thompson in his match report says that he's quick but there were several times when his final ball wasn't good enough

looking at the Boro forums they're having the same debate we had, what's the point in his mind blowingly quick run if he then doesn't pass and loses the ball

I remember talking to someone about Christian Ronaldo when he was just starting out and saying he was very exciting and whatnot but has no end product....... 

Not saying Traore will be that good but he has many attributes to be a really really good player if he can learn what to do with the ball after he has been on his run. 

• Like 1

I was watching the game live and Boro were getting absolutely dismantled from the first whistle. As soon as Adama came on around the 60 min mark that all changed, he completely changed the game. Vertonghen and Alderweireld who were so comfortable pushing high up into midfield and stroking it around were suddenly terrified and pushed back. He made the difference (along with Jordan Rhodes somewhat) of Boro perhaps losing 3/4-0 to almost getting a point from that game.

His end product was definitely lacking, but that can be coached and learned over time which he has a lot of considering he's only 20. What you can't teach is tearing through an entire team from back to front every time you touch the ball. If he can sort out his end product he will be a frightening player. One that we could have seen develop into that player playing for us which sucks.

• Like 2

Cuts it at the wrong time...

hes got two passes on there, the best and hardest one is inside the CB putting the bloke on the left side through on goal, the easiest one is to send the bloke on the right wide hoping to split the defenders and then carry his run hoping the other attacker goes back post so he can have a front post tap in

something tells me it was cut because he does neither

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cuts it at the wrong time...

hes got two passes on there, the best and hardest one is inside the CB putting the bloke on the left side through on goal, the easiest one is to send the bloke on the right wide hoping to split the defenders and then carry his run hoping the other attacker goes back post so he can have a front post tap in

something tells me it was cut because he does neither

It was the first one and the ball was almost inch perfect too surprisingly.

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's only one person responsible for it not working out, and his name is A Traore. 

Given he was doing pretty well and seeing time on the pitch at the start of last season, I'd say that also responsible is M Amevor. 

Gabby is fast too but could never do that ever in his life ever. At the very least it puts defences on their heels and doesn't let the opposition ever get comfortable on the ball knowing there's someone who can be in your penalty box in 2 seconds flat.

• Like 3

Â