Adama Traore

mwj

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Well just seen the highlights...he caused carnage for Arsenal at the back.

Such a shame he never got a chance here...very much right player at the wrong time.

Imagine if we had a buy back clause like Barca did....

He was injured most of last season and didn't want to be here this season. Like you said, shame. I think he should have got some games at the back end of last season when came back from injury.

On 22/10/2016 at 23:32, VillaChris said:

Such a shame he never got a chance here...very much right player at the wrong time.

Acting like a total bellend the whole time he was here probably didnt help his cause much in terms of playing time. Had the same awful attitude that prompted Barcelona to show him the exit door.

Maybe he will pull his finger out of his arse now he has found himself at Middlesborough, Birmingham was a downgrade on Barcelona but being in Middlesborough is horrific, i have had to work there. Adama will be trying to get out of there ASAP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

DIdn't that die with us? Surely?

Yes.  You don't get a recurring buy-back option over the life of a player's career.

Right player, wrong time.  I think most of us kind of suspected that this guy in a best case scenario could be devastating, and even in a normal case scenario would be very dangerous with his athletic ability if nothing else.  Yes the end product and decision making is currently lacking, but with the right coaching and in the right environment he should flourish.  We were not that team.  We didn't have the luxury of bringing along probably the rawest player I've ever seen at Villa at a time when we needed all hands to the pump.  We don't really have that luxury now either IMHO, although that's more a discussion on when you want promotion.  Something we've visited elsewhere.  It remains to be seen whether Boro are that team either, because they're not exactly without their own relegation pressures this season.

There's also the issue of his allegedly ridiculous contract/wages at a time when we were trying to make things make sense off the pitch.  Having him as one of the highest earners at a time when he wasn't playing and didn't look like playing any time soon, was something I imagine was very hard to reconcile.  So needs must.  Did he even want to be in this league?  Coming from Barcelona?  I dunno.  But anyway, we now have a player (Adomah) who fits the profile and the requirement much better and probably isn't out of kilter in the wage structure either.  All in all, it was a win-win-win for the 3 parties involved (Boro being the 3rd).

It's a pity, and it might have been different had he come into a side that stayed up last season, but he didn't and we didn't, so we all move on.  But I will enjoy watching him and wondering 'what if' :)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

Did he even want to be in this league?  Coming from Barcelona?  

Barcelona B, a god awful barca B at that too, he'd have been playing in the 3rd tier of spanish football if he'd have stayed, finished rock bottom in a shit team 2 years on the trot

agree about your adomah comments

@Tom13 why is that overrated? the kid doesnt have a football brain, both in terms of his movement and his use of the ball, he's this great talent that we didnt use properly and didnt give a chance and yet in boro's 10 games this season he's made 3 sub appearances and 1 start, the start and performance vs arsenal being obvious seeing as even modou barrow at swansea run them ragged the week before, he's set the record for fastest player and had a couple of chances...he still hasnt actually done anything that great apart from the gil goal...

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Barcelona B, a god awful barca B at that too, he'd have been playing in the 3rd tier of spanish football if he'd have stayed, finished rock bottom in a shit team 2 years on the trot

Yep that's true.  I just mean you're within the structure of Barcelona FC and IIRC he was one of the stars of that B side at the time, so he might have had reasonable ambitions to get called into the A team matchday squad at some point.  Then to be in the Championship. 

On 10/22/2016 at 23:32, VillaChris said:

We have got a sell on clause though I think.  I'm sure Dr T tweeted about it at the time.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2016 at 23:32, VillaChris said:

Isn't Adama the epitome of why you shouldn't judge a footballer from a highlights video? 

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Isn't Adama the epitome of why you shouldn't judge a footballer from a highlights video? 

Yes and no.  On one hand yes he's currently a highlight reel, but on the other, at 20 you'd think there's a whole lot more to come.

Â