Adama Traore

mwj

He is still a raw talent which is why I do not buy the line which says it was not good for us at the time to try and use him as we were battling relegation last season.  Boro are too  but they are using him.  Mis managment on our part pure and simple.  not saying he would have saved us but it would have provided an oasis of entertainment in a season of shiteness and who knows may have encouraged him to hang around a bit

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Remi was too afraid to use him and it's cost us. He clearly wasn't made to feel like he was wanted here and in turn he had no more desire to play for us. 

He would have absolutely destroyed this league. 

I think Randy stopped him being played to avoid triggering add ins on his contract.

On 10/25/2016 at 14:46, DCJonah said:

Remi was too afraid to use him and it's cost us. He clearly wasn't made to feel like he was wanted here and in turn he had no more desire to play for us. 

I may be misremembering but wasn't he actually injured for the vast majority of Garde's time in charge?

23 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Never will be a world beater, but a mistake to let him go. 

He literally refused to get suited for a game. In no way was it a mistake to let him go. 

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I may be misremembering but wasn't he actually injured for the vast majority of Garde's time in charge?

He literally refused to get suited for a game. In no way was it a mistake to let him go. 

I think he was injured at times. But there's plenty of reports around November and December of Garde discussing him not playing. 

He was terrified of losing rather than trying to win. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2016 at 14:46, DCJonah said:

Nothing Adama Traore did at Villa or has done since leaving Villa suggests that him not being used has "cost us".

I quite enjoy the change of stance on players "not wanting to play for the club", though.  For Gil, Veretout etc. it's "they don't want to play, they can go.  Don't like them" whereas with Traore, he was the victim for not being "made to feel like he was wanted" :D 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Nothing Adama Traore did at Villa or has done since leaving Villa suggests that him not being used has "cost us".

I quite enjoy the change of stance on players "not wanting to play for the club", though.  For Gil, Veretout etc. it's "they don't want to play, they can go.  Don't like them" whereas with Traore, he was the victim for not being "made to feel like he was wanted" :D 

I didn't say he's a victim and by cost us I mean not having him here this season. But he clearly wasn't made to feel wanted last year and I believe that's why he wanted to leave. I'd have liked him here this year but as with others if he didn't want to be here then he needed to be moved on. 

Edited by DCJonah

On 10/25/2016 at 14:18, Genie said:

I think Randy stopped him being played to avoid triggering add ins on his contract.

I don't understand this mentality. What is the point paying so much for a player and giving him huge wages to come here, only to not play him so he doesn't hit his bonuses?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I didn't say he's a victim and by cost us I mean not having him here this season. But he clearly wasn't made to feel wanted last year and I believe that's why he wanted to leave. I'd have liked him here this year but as with others if he didn't want to be here then he needed to be moved on. 

Exactly the same argument could be made about Veretout. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I don't understand this mentality. What is the point paying so much for a player and giving him huge wages to come here, only to not play him so he doesn't hit his bonuses?

we did the same with Davies apparently

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

It's so stupid and I just don't understand it. 

It was already clear we were going to get relegated so wanted him off the wage bill plus Randy wanted to sell us. Giving Adama a bumper pay rise would have been a big waste of money in the scheme of things and made him harder to shift and worsened the Villa bottom line.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

sure he only got 1 goal and 2 assists in his limited time here

proves time and time again that Eric Black and Remi Garde were pricks or knew nothing about football

And Sherwood ?  From memory he hardly played him either . 

Â