Adama Traore

mwj

Besides he ended up making the right decision in that clip and put his teammate through on goal. Going from your penalty box to through on goal in 5 seconds, you telling me that's not an invaluable asset to have? Not sure if this is sour grapes or not but I find it mind boggling that we're trying to downplay his ridiculous potential.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Besides he ended up making the right decision in that clip and put his teammate through on goal. Going from your penalty box to through on goal in 5 seconds, you telling me that's not an invaluable asset to have? Not sure if this is sour grapes or not but I find it mind boggling that we're trying to downplay his ridiculous potential.

He over hits the pass by 3/4 yards...

Has he got ridiculous potential? Or can he just run really fast?

His speed is obviously something you can't teach but at what stage do you say that his positional sense passing and decision making can't be taught either?

Said many times in this thread i don't think he understands how best to use his pace, if he'd have been in Rhodes position playing on the shoulder looking to run on to the ball he'd have got that pass before the keeper, he doesn't seem to understand or like the idea of running on to the ball rather than getting it to feet and turning 

I don't think he has the benefit of youth that he needs, he needs a lot of coaching and a lot of football and so far with barca and us he didn't get it, he's 20 and played hardly any football 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He over hits the pass by 3/4 yards...

His speed is obviously something you can't teach but at what stage do you say that his positional sense passing and decision making can't be taught either?

Said many times in this thread i don't think he understands how best to use his pace, if he'd have been in Rhodes position playing on the shoulder looking to run on to the ball he'd have got that pass before the keeper, he doesn't seem to understand or like the idea of running on to the ball rather than getting it to feet and turning 

I don't think he has the benefit of youth that he needs, he needs a lot of coaching and a lot of football and so far with barca and us he didn't get it, he's 20 and played hardly any football 

It was still the right decision despite his bad execution. He definitely needs to learn how to play in behind the defence, but let's face it that's not exactly rocket science is it? I'd rather have Adama who has the potential to be devastating if he modified his game a bit to somebody who knew how to run in behind but was absolutely useless because he doesn't have the physical attributes to be a threat. Or even someone who wasn't useless and was moderately fast. Give me the crazy fast player with good feet any day.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This.

He has no end product (yet). I would have kept him if at all possible but he needs to show more than blistering pace. 

I'd still give him time.

When Gabby came through in 2006 he could run as fast as Adama and in fairness had a decent finish back then but little else but for a 5 year period developed into a decent premier league striker before he gave up for life on easy street.

Theo Walcott's another one you could say that about although he seems to have upped his game this year....his contract must be coming to an end.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I'd still give him time.

When Gabby came through in 2006 he could run as fast as Adama and in fairness had a decent finish back then but little else but for a 5 year period developed into a decent premier league striker before he gave up for life on easy street.

Theo Walcott's another one you could say that about although he seems to have upped his game this year....his contract must be coming to an end.

Gabby was fast but this guy is another level, he has the speed plus the physique but it all depends how he develops

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't help but notice at the end he had the chance to square it to Negredo for a simple finish but went for a difficult angle finish which obviously didn't work. Part of the reason he didn't play for us last season was because of his decision making in my opinion and other reasons of course. It's only natural he will improve on that or at least should do.

• Like 1

Â