Rudy Gestede

midian

He's scored 4 goals for the club already, Heskey scored a total of 14 in 110 appearances. 

I think we should end those comparisons for now. 

Sure the last guy some Villa fans compared to Heskey when he arrived didnt do too badly

Aston-Villa-v-Rotherham-Christian-Bentek

• Like 4

I think if we were to compare him to any past Villa strikers it would be Bent. Completely different styles of play of course, but so far his all round game hasn't been great but he undoubtedly knows how to score goals. 

Unlike Bent I've got a feeling we won't all be counting down the days until the end of his contract.

I think the Carew comparison is probably right though Carew had a bit more about him on the ground

If we could get set pieces right we will be as dangerous as when we had Carew and Laursen as I think Richards is due a goal soon as well

He doesn't have much to his game other than scoring headed goals, however he's not going to get dropped so it's got to be Sinclar that gets dropped, as neither do much when they aren't scoring so we can't carry two players. I'd be interested to see how he got on with Aywe up front with him for a few games and Grelish or Gill behind them 

Yeah. Even if he's scoring goals, his all round game has to improve. He can't keep bringing our attacks to an end every time we go to his feet. Agree on Sinclair - he contributes nothing. Doesn't even try and take players on, just completely pointless playing him ATM.

He's a less talented Carew who works a bit harder. 

I used to exert more energy than Carew fighting my way to the bar at half time. 

I'm happy with him so far. I would have accepted 4 goals and a mixed bag performance wise at this stage. I think he's shown that he can play at this level, and that he can contribute something to us, which is all that counts for me.

He's done well enough to cement his place in the starting 11 now I think (I would be amazed if he was dropped after scoring 3 goals in a week in a struggling team), so it will be interesting to see where Gabby fits in. 

We have to start playing to his strengths, certainly got some quality about him., 

Have to agree with this.  We know that if we put good balls into the box he'll score with his head.  This is probably the simplest form of football there is....no tippy tappy, no step overs.  Get the ball out to the wing and let players like Amavi cross.  Let's obviously develop Gestede over the coming seasons but let's not try and change the fundamental player and try and make him play like Messi.  If we get more crosses into the box, he will score a bag full of goals because he is that good with his head.  He could easily score 15 goals from doing that this season and we would all be delighted with a striker in his first season to do that wouldn't we? it's not as if many others will even get close to that number. 

• Like 1

We have to start playing to his strengths, certainly got some quality about him., 

Have to agree with this.  We know that if we put good balls into the box he'll score with his head.  This is probably the simplest form of football there is....no tippy tappy, no step overs.  Get the ball out to the wing and let players like Amavi cross.  Let's obviously develop Gestede over the coming seasons but let's not try and change the fundamental player and try and make him play like Messi.  If we get more crosses into the box, he will score a bag full of goals because he is that good with his head.  He could easily score 15 goals from doing that this season and we would all be delighted with a striker in his first season to do that wouldn't we? it's not as if many others will even get close to that number. 

Personally I think if he stays injury free and plays he will hit 15 at least this season which for a 6m player from the championship will be fantastic his first season in the top flight. Doing his job well at the moment. Needs to hold the ball up better but I think that will come in time. 4 goals is a solid start from him though.

Â