Rudy Gestede

midian

He is clearly a championship player. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to replace a £32 million striker with a £6 million one season wonder from the fizzy pop league needs to be shot.

Benteke started out a 9 million pound striker remember, an to be fair he did frack all to start with, until we played to his strengths.

Don't compare Rudy Gestede to Christian Benteke ever again

before his injury Gestede had more goals than Benteke

ive seen a lot worse premier league strikers than Rudy

me too, but signing him to replace a £32 million striker is sheer madness 

Edited by Arj Guy

I thought he was poor, agree that if we play him we have to try and get it wide and cross for him, his chance was at the other end to us but it looked like he should have scored, his movement is shocking, he offers nothing, when we've got grealish and Gil running from deep with the ball there's no option from him, no run in behind their line to slip a clever ball in, he's a statue, that dart across the box for his chance was the only decent bit of movement I saw from him all day

How many times? He is not this type of player and never will be. Put the ball on his head and he will score. If Timmy played wingers and coached them into supplying Gestede, I would personally guarantee he would score 10-15+ this season. he is not doing to bad already with linited supply. Im not saying use him as our only chance of goals, but when he is in postion (which he is many times) get the ball on his edd!

Playing Hutton as the creator on the right wing is not helping, he cannot cross a ball high for shit.

So what you're saying is that he can head a ball but **** all else? Unless the cross is good enough then his movement is so poor that he won't win the ball, so the problem is with the quality of the balls in?

He's not good enough, Kozak is a better player who offers more

Saying on talk sport (who hate us remember), Sherwood kept us in the League last season playing to benteke's strengths. maybe he should try the same with Gestede!

He is apparently…I think…..badly.

He is clearly a championship player. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to replace a £32 million striker with a £6 million one season wonder from the fizzy pop league needs to be shot.

Benteke started out a 9 million pound striker remember, an to be fair he did frack all to start with, until we played to his strengths.

Sherwood was certain he was going to get Adebayor. I think Gestede was always envisioned for little more than a battering ram to be brought on at 70 mins when we were 'getting it into the mixer'. 

And other various cliches. 

Sherwood was certain he was going to get Adebayor. I think Gestede was always envisioned for little more than a battering ram to be brought on at 70 mins when we were 'getting it into the mixer'. 

And other various cliches. 

Well the club should've had a back plan then. Plenty of other strikers out there but we didn't even attempt to get one on deadline day. No reason why we couldn't have signed someone like Rondon, Austin or that Norwich striker Mbkani.

• Like 1

I don't profess to be a tactics genius on football matters, but surely if there is a great header of the ball up front it would make sense to cross it to him.  Or am i wrong?

Sadly I'm just a fellow non-genius, but I think you could almost argue that if you have someone whose trick is to be 6 ft 7 and good at headers then having him on the pitch without kicking the ball to him at head height even one single time over 90 minutes is a bit weak.

Whatever you think of Gestede, he can head a ball and is six foot seven. That is a serious goal threat right there if you use it properly, surely Shirley?

• Like 1

Saying on talk sport (who hate us remember), Sherwood kept us in the League last season playing to benteke's strengths. maybe he should try the same with Gestede!

Problem is that Gestede doesn't have 'strengths', he has only one, which is heading, which isn't going to be enough.

• Like 2

If a striker doesn't move, then Gil and Grealish can't do much. Honestly I'd try Ayew up top on his own and leave Gestede out. For me he is a big problem for our attacking play, we played our best football against Leicester in that first half, because we had Sinclair and even Gabby moving off the ball for Gil and Grealish to pick out, with Gestede we are fairly limited as he has next to no mobility to move defenders. 

This couldn't be any more spot on.

• Like 3

If a striker doesn't move, then Gil and Grealish can't do much. Honestly I'd try Ayew up top on his own and leave Gestede out. For me he is a big problem for our attacking play, we played our best football against Leicester in that first half, because we had Sinclair and even Gabby moving off the ball for Gil and Grealish to pick out, with Gestede we are fairly limited as he has next to no mobility to move defenders. 

I think you are right. He is so slow to get forward that it effects our play. I think Rudy would be effective in a 4-4-2 with another striker. On his own I think he is pretty hopeless at this level

are you free to work every weekend between now and may ? 

Have I missed a joke here or is this a serious question?

Have I missed a joke here or is this a serious question?

Think he's putting you forward for the manager's job ;) 'Tom 13's Claret and Blue Army' has a ring to it.

• Like 1

Good point there.

Â