Rudy Gestede

midian

Rudy is the worst goalscoring machine i've seen play. Its a complete mind **** how someone so bad can score goals so readily.

Gotta be honest though, this is another Sherwood/Scouting team mess up. You only sign Rudy if you're going to be winging crosses into him all game and that is your main aim and focus all of the time. He is not a target man at all.

This is like darren bent all over again he keeps scoring but its like we are playing with 10 men most the game which is counter productive im pleased he scored 2 and think he will be vital for us in the championship next season. The stand out point for me was near the end of the match when he picked the ball up from a mistake which gave us a great opportunity to score but he just looked lost and clueless where if that were benteke he would have capitalized. 

Rudy is the worst goalscoring machine i've seen play. Its a complete mind **** how someone so bad can score goals so readily.

Gotta be honest though, this is another Sherwood/Scouting team mess up. You only sign Rudy if you're going to be winging crosses into him all game and that is your main aim and focus all of the time. He is not a target man at all.

Hear hear.

Credit to him for the two goals (the second one was excellent and was what we've seen on his videos of his Blackburn days) but his all round game was poor and we really struggle to build attacks with how limited he is, well compared to Benteke anyway.

Probably be one of those strikers we'll get to end of season and wonder how on earth he's scored 10-15 goals in this league. Just hope some of those can be crucial rather than consolations like today.

Hes not great technically, but he can still be sufficient in hold up play etc if we get players up in close support.

We didnt today, and he was left completely isolated by the shocking set up and tactics. 

Took both his chances well, and on both bust a gut to get to the ball - if only the rest of the team had showed that commitment

It was literally him vs the other 3 Liverpool defenders today, he barely had any support and still came away with 2 goals. The second being a top class header.

We all know his limitations but get in some good crosses and he'll score.

• Like 4

Exactly. You can't really expect him to do much when he is the only person in the opposition half.

When we play to his strengths he is a beast. So why do we only do that once or twice per game?

He will score goals but he is not the type of striker you want playing up top on his own, he would be better suited to playing in a 2 man strike force.  Fair play to him though, 3 goals in his last 2 games.

Fair point, you've got to think 3-5-2 is imminent at some point, maybe when Okore or Tiago Llori are fit.

Bang on, was gonna post this myself. Playing throught he middle is useless tactically if you have Gestede as your front man. Surely after 7+ games Sherwood sees this.

Â