Rudy Gestede

midian

I have to admit I found it strange watching this guy yesterday. Kept thinking for someone who is a good header of the ball (supposedly) his timing when going for headers is shocking.  The number of times he jumped and was on his way down before the ball was near his head was ridiculous. Hopefully RDM has a replacement lined up. 

His only attribute is he is tall and occasionally catches a decent one with his head.  At best he is a sub you bring on in the last 15 mins when we are throwing balls into the box.  It is staggering to think a professional footballer, who plies his trade as a striker - this is all he does day in day out, still hasn't worked out that you occassionaly have to sprint into the box to be there when the ball comes.  And as dubbs says above, the way he mistimes his jumps is something to behold.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

a completely pointless player. No pace, no movement, no anticipation

if feels like whenever he plays we end up pointless too.

ge reminds me of when we had chris sutton for a season, the man just cant move its like hes got an extra pair of b##loc#s in his pants. how he ever scored the amount of goals he did for blackburn is baffling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he's in the team after 5 league games you can kiss goodbye to promotion and the Dr. can get f******.

A complete donkey.

What has Xia got to do with it? You want him to get involved with picking the team?

43 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Duncan Castles reporting that we have offered him to Hull as part of a deal to bring Abel Hernandez here.

Manager less hull ?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What has Xia got to do with it? You want him to get involved with picking the team?

No, but if he isn't 4th choice by that time then the Dr. has screwed us. 

I reckon I'm better than him.

For all the  - justified - criticism of Gestede I feel the Manager must take a fair whack.  If Gestede has ANY merit it is as a header of the crossed ball. Yet how many crosses did he get ?  How many was he likely to get from Hutton ?  Very, very, poor selection and tactics - which is why those saying "oh its only a friendly calm down" make me laugh.  It makes no difference the status of the game, it was a nonsensical combination of selection and tactics.

3 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

ge reminds me of when we had chris sutton for a season, the man just cant move its like hes got an extra pair of b##loc#s in his pants. how he ever scored the amount of goals he did for blackburn is baffling. 

Because Blackburn played to his strengths  -as we patently do not do to Gestedes  - limited as they are.

He shouldn't be in the Team, or if he must, he should be in a Team built around crossing the ball to him and picking up whatever is knocked down - which Blackburn, again, did rather well.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

For all the  - justified - criticism of Gestede I feel the Manager must take a fair whack.  If Gestede has ANY merit it is as a header of the crossed ball. Yet how many crosses did he get ?  How many was he likely to get from Hutton ?  Very, very, poor selection and tactics - which is why those saying "oh its only a friendly calm down" make me laugh.  It makes no difference the status of the game, it was a nonsensical combination of selection and tactics.

We are after two forwards, the manager is not going to set up in a friendly game to smash cross after cross into Gestede if he doesn't plan to use him as first choice for the season. it's about preparing the team.

I wonder if they fancy Gabby with all his Premier League 'experience' too?

They're light on numbers with injuries so chuck in Richards and Lescott for them. They might go for it to fill out their squad! Plus apparently their owners are as tight as a ducks arse. 

He is a very one-dimensional player but we also don't play to his strengths since we don't have any decent crossers of the ball. That said, when we did cross yesterday he was nowhere to be found.

We either need to buy a decent winger and have him as Plan B or get rid. As we are now he's a waste of a squad place.

• Like 1

Â