Rudy Gestede

midian

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

We are after two forwards, the manager is not going to set up in a friendly game to smash cross after cross into Gestede if he doesn't plan to use him as first choice for the season. it's about preparing the team.

Then don't play him.  Simple.

How is it preparing the Team to include someone in the main position you have no intention of playing, then using Hutton as an ineffective wing back in order to supply him ?  What an absolute waste of preparation time that is/would be.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

Gestede would.score goals if the team was set up to use his heading ability......RDM it seems.doesn't want to play that way. Yesterdays game we played him up top on his own and failed to play to his strength which is heading.....why play him then??? We would have been better off playing Hepburn Murphy or Keinan Davies....maybe given Gestede 45 mins to keep his Match fitness up. Poor decision from RDM for me 

It won't come as much of a surprise that a lot of Gestede's goals for Blackburn came from headers or bundled in shots. Looking at this poor quality video, it seems that Blackburn did at least try to aim for him from wide, which is something we're unable to do at the moment.

He IS one dimensional, but apart from Amavi, and occasionally Bacuna, we have no one who can put a decent cross in.He got 20+ goals for Blackburn in this league, so he has history of being effective in this league.

Id have him in front of Gabby and Kozak, but , granted, if we want to move on and improve , we need better.

• Like 1

Changing our style of play just to suit Gestede would be foolish. It might help him to get a few more goals, but it would be detrimental to the overall good of the team.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If RDM rates him how is that the fault of Xia

No-one rates him. You can't rate him. He's unrateable.

The only way he will be in the team is if we don't have anybody else and if that happens then I'll blame Xia.

If we do sign a couple of strikers and he's still in the team then I'll hold my hands up and ask for RDM to be sectioned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Then don't play him.  Simple.

How is it preparing the Team to include someone in the main position you have no intention of playing, then using Hutton as an ineffective wing back in order to supply him ?  What an absolute waste of preparation time that is/would be.

who else plays there?

He's a placeholder at the moment, nothing more.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, useless said:

Changing our style of play just to suit Gestede would be foolish. It might help him to get a few more goals, but it would be detrimental to the overall good of the team.

Absolutely. He isnt good enough to dictate how we are going to play or personnel the manager needs to employ. 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

It won't come as much of a surprise that a lot of Gestede's goals for Blackburn came from headers or bundled in shots. Looking at this poor quality video, it seems that Blackburn did at least try to aim for him from wide, which is something we're unable to do at the moment.

Ian Olney/Ian Ormandroyd

35 minutes ago, a m ole said:

who else plays there?

He's a placeholder at the moment, nothing more.

Sorry I don't understand what that even means ?

A placeholder ? What is that ?

And whatever it is I'm making the point you made, it's about preparing for the new season, so if, as you say, he won't be playing, why play him ? Why not a youth prospect, or Ayew up top ?

You know it sometimes seems there are people so desperate to be ' positive' they will turn logic inside out and upside down rather than say something critical.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sorry I don't understand what you that even means ?

And whatever it is I'm making the point you made, it's about preparing for the new season, so if, as you say, he won't be playing, why play him ? Why not a youth prospect, or Ayew up top ?

You know it sometimes seems there are people so desperate to be ' positive' they will turn logic inside out and upside down rather than say something critical.

when designing a layout for a publication you would use a placeholder image to signify where an image would be in the page before the final image is chosen. Or there is a Latin passage called 'Lorem Ipsum' known as 'placeholder text' which is used so you can design the overall look and feel of the page without having the actual content at hand.

Gestede is being used in lieu of the striker we want to sign. Why not Ayew up top? Because we want to use Ayew as a wide forward primarily, and he can learn his role in the system without having to be shoehorned into CF just so we have a better chance at winning a game that doesn't matter.

If Gestede is our number one striker after the window closes, I will be just as worried as you.

and I would point the same argument back at you - sometimes people are so desperate to be critical they will turn logic inside out and upside down rather than say something positive.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Sorry I don't understand what that even means ?

I cant see the sense in playing one or two others to be honest,  maybe they are all placeholders in lieu of players we want to sign?

Edited by Richard

2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

ive seen enough crosses put into the box for him and hes no where to be seen. 

It's probably because Hutton crosses most of them, an Gestede is not waiting on the moon, which is where the crosses end up.

Â