Rudy Gestede

midian

9 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

he would have been ok alongside another central striker, something all season we haven't had except a barely fit Kozak

he wins a lot of flick ons and a more dynamic striker would work well off him winning the 2nd balls. a player like Defoe or even Long would have added a lot more threat next to him.

sadly we have Gabby :(

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Didn't Gestede get like 20 goals in 7 seasons before his good year? Worrying.

11 goals in 5 seasons before he has that great season for Blackburn, but a lot of players take some time to adapt to a league or find out what they do best. I am not too worried about his form when he was young. Some players just find form later on in their careers. 

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

11 goals in 5 seasons before he has that great season for Blackburn, but a lot of players take some time to adapt to a league or find out what they do best. I am not too worried about his form when he was young. Some players just find form later on in their careers. 

He wasn't young :P

8 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Didn't Gestede get like 20 goals in 7 seasons before his good year? Worrying.

I have probably said it a few times on here already but I have no faith at all he will do it for us next season. I reckon he is a one season wonder. I hope someone is highlighting this comment 12 months from now as he bangs I his 25th but I have seen him miss enough good opportunities for us,  rare as they have been,  to make me very concerned. 

Added to which I think even in the second division we will need more than a completely one dimensional striker to do well. His passing and control and dribbling is not going to suddenly improve just because he is up against poorer defenders

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yep

and cardiff would have had peter whittingham crossing to him too

He was a bit part player at Cardiff and then they went up to the prem so wisely they decided to let him go to Blackburn where he flourished.

I don't want him starting every week next season (I fear the club will repeat the mistake of this season and think he's good enough to lead the line) but I don't see the issue with him being an impact sub, he's had some good games off the bench this season at least and I'm certainly not a fan but can concede that.

Good work by Gestede. Get some wingers in who can get the ball to his head and I'm sure he will score plenty next year

Â