Rudy Gestede

midian

Seems to be a nice bloke... Don't blame him for signing if he was given a nice looking contract...

He just isn't very good at anything else but heading a ball...

Maybe... just maybe... he might turn good if a coach comes in with any tactical knowledge that can effectively play to his strengths and bring him into the game; but unfortunately, I don't think they will and think that Kozak is a better option in every department

I'm not ruling him out yet.  It's amazing what a good management and coaching team can do on the training ground with regards to spotting who can do what and how.  Imagine a starting line-up of players who all know what they're doing AND know what their team-mates need from them in order to succeed.  Gestede has shown he has an eye for goal.  It's possible that a good manager could get quite a lot of goals out of him.

• Like 2

I'm not ruling him out yet.  It's amazing what a good management and coaching team can do on the training ground with regards to spotting who can do what and how.  Imagine a starting line-up of players who all know what they're doing AND know what their team-mates need from them in order to succeed.  Gestede has shown he has an eye for goal.  It's possible that a good manager could get quite a lot of goals out of him.

Calm down mate, you been drinking? ;)

Calm down mate, you been drinking? ;)

:D I know, it's crazy talk isn't it.

Just an observation about the comparisons on here with Fellani and Pelle.

Yes it would be good to have players of that calibre and we should have them but it's unfair to compare a guy from Cardiff City and Blackburn Rovers who has just stepped up to the premiership with a team who were consistently battling relegation even before we lost arguably our three best players with these two guys.

Pelle played for Palma and  Samapadoria before playing 48 games for Southampton in the Premiership. Fellani has played 140 odd games for Everton and 48 for Man. U surrounded by good players. he has getting on for 100 international caps. he cost 27 million quid!

Gestede has a lot to learn and like many of Villa's signings is a player who may, or may not make it. He has been thrown in at the deep end! 

How the **** did he get 32 goals at Blackburn? I think in the Premier League plenty of teams are now adept and keeping the ball on the ground, passing it around etc. The Championship I assume is more 'air' based football. 

No certainly last season there were a lot of teams who tried to play good football. The championship is more attacking, more goals scored and weaker defences. 

Replacing Benteke with this sack of shit and we wonder why were not winning many games.

Scored same amount of goals this season...

People keep on trotting this one up, I accept probably with tongue in cheek but that's too simplistic as when we lost Benteke it wasn't just the goals obviously.

Look at how many we scored last season with Benteke linking up with Grealish and D*lph. And weep at how many times our 1-2s now break down with Gestede as he can't control a ball.

And Benteke was reasonably quick so could switch defences when we kicked the ball behind them, Rudy can't run so that's that tactic done for the team being.

Benteke was a complete forward which just makes it ridiculous Gestede has become his replacement as that is unfair on him. Adebayor went cold on us in Early August so we had plenty of time to persue a plan B and not signing one will be one of the decisive factors in us being relegated as we don't have enough goals to win games in our squad.

• Like 3

Should of made it 2-2 but unfortunately he's donkey, that was as good a chance as you get at the top level and his finish was pathetic.

He's a handful, and if we set up more than just the one single chance for him he will score. I think you're being too harsh. Plus he's about the only show in town at the moment, so we pretty much have to at least give him a FEW more chances before we write him off.

Should of made it 2-2 but unfortunately he's donkey, that was as good a chance as you get at the top level and his finish was pathetic.

He's a handful, and if we set up more than just the one single chance for him he will score. I think you're being too harsh. Plus he's about the only show in town at the moment, so we pretty much have to at least give him a FEW more chances before we write him off.

I've seen enough tbh, I'm fine with him being an option from the bench but I want a more rounded striker to be leading the line for us, one that runs the channels, can take on a player, takes up good positions in the opposition box and is clinical.   Maybe Ayew is that player and we at least need to give Kozak a go. 

• Like 1

Â