Rudy Gestede

midian

Had we signed a quality forward I'd imagine Gestede would be getting praise for his role as a back up player that offered something different in certain scenarios. 

But as our main striker he's just awful. At least his goals should shoot us back up if relegation happens.

• Like 1

why is it understood it was a Sherwood signing? I have no idea if it was or it was a Reilly suggestion just wondering what makes you so sure?

It 's been "leaked" to the media that Sherwood wanted players with experience of playing in England and didn't want the foreign imports like vertout, amavi and traore. He wanted Gestede, Adebayor, Lescott, Townsend, Bentaleb and Lennon. If you choose to believe these reports then that's up to you but I do believe them and I suspect the source might be 'Timothy S.'.

Edited by villa89

I think he has potential, he has showed it, 33 goals in 66 games for blackburn, not a bad ratio, an what ever people say about the Championship, we all know its a hard league to play in. 

Obviously the previous manager did not use him to his strengths. I rate him, im not sure why he gets so much stick on here. he has proved himself already.

I think he has potential, he has showed it, 33 goals in 66 games for blackburn, not a bad ratio, an what ever people say about the Championship, we all know its a hard league to play in. 

Obviously the previous manager did not use him to his strengths. I rate him, im not sure why he gets so much stick on here. he has proved himself already.

Hardly "proved himself" already.  Bar 1 good season in the championship, he has been crap everywhere he has been.

Screenshot_2015-10-29-22-18-03.png

Edited by av1

Replacing Benteke with this sack of shit and we wonder why were not winning many games.

I chuckled at your bluntness, but you are totally correct.

I dislike this player, he lacks ability and was expensive. He has no pace and the only thing he can do is head the ball. So one dimensional.

And now we're stuck with him, another shit signing that we will lose money on, and will hang around for far too long because we won't be able to sell him.

Why do we keep doing this?

Its all about service with rudy, we cannot cross a ball so pointless in playing him at the moment, could possibly be an impact player for us but unless we find some wingers that can put a ball in just another player in the wrong system.

He's a Andy carol type, an you have to utilise these players the correct way, or else yeah, they are fecking useless. You don't score 32 goals in 60 appearances and have no abilty. Maybe if Sherwood wanted to get the best out of him he should have watched blackburn last season.

If you watch the games, with most set pieces he is getting marked out the game. He only would have needed to score his chance last night, an it would have ended 2-2, an im sure some fans would be saying different.

An just a last note. He is rarely gonna get many chances to score with Hutton crossing the ball is he?

• Like 1

playing to his strengths would involve two make shift wingers and full backs getting forward with quite shocking inconsistency in terms of quality of crossing

IMO playing to our teams strengths would involve Gil and grealish playing central and then runners moving in front of them

Gestede isn't a runner so he doesn't fit our teams strengths and from what I've seen from him so far he's nowhere near good enough to dictate how we play, therefore he's got to be dropped

We need to spend big money on a striker this January or we are going down, we don't have the quality up front to stay in this league, it's all rather pathetic, what were these clowns thinking over the summer? Lose a player like Benteke and don't actually replace him? Brainless.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think he's worth having around, and definitely worth having a try giving the guy proper service before writing him off completely. But we do need a striker.

Thinking about it, he scored a lot of goals with Rhodes as a strike partner afaik. We probably need to play him alongside a striker who's an actual threat, and I believe with the right service he could get a goal a game. If you can head the ball and are taller than everyone else you are a goal threat, surely Shirley?

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

He could do a job as our Fellaini. The big unit we bring on with 30mins to go if we need to try something different. 

He is far too limited to be our main source of goals though.

I get the impression we were holding out for Adebayor to be the main man this season and this guy was to play a role off the bench but we have been caught short. 

Edited by LondonLax

Â