Rudy Gestede

midian

Gestede was a really poor buy.  Decent Championship player but its a world of difference in the premier league.

Its generally understood that he was a Sherwood choice and he persevered with playing him long after logic dictated that he was not working out

Kozak must be rubbing his hands with glee at the possibility of a new manager allowing him a level playing field

Agree with most of what's being said in here. Useless unless we're crossing, yet we don't play a system in order to get regular crosses going in.

He was completely useless and pointless on Saturday, why he stayed on the pitch is beyond me. I'd definitely play Ayew up top.

Edited by Tom13

I actually think he's showed some improvement in the short time he's been with us. His hold up play seemed much better against Swansea, and he won alot more of the long balls that were thumped forward to him. Again though, we havn't given him any decent service at all. 

Did anyone see Milner's cross for Benteke yesterday? That wasn't a cross getting to the by-line, it was from in line with the penalty box. For me, dropping Amavi was bizarre as he was the only one who can cross from Gestede. Aside from the assist against Liverpool, Hutton's delivery has been shocking.

Gestede was a really poor buy.  Decent Championship player but its a world of difference in the premier league.

Its generally understood that he was a Sherwood choice and he persevered with playing him long after logic dictated that he was not working out

Kozak must be rubbing his hands with glee at the possibility of a new manager allowing him a level playing field

why is it understood it was a Sherwood signing? I have no idea if it was or it was a Reilly suggestion just wondering what makes you so sure?

• Like 1

whoever made the final call, its like they just looked at all the headed goals Benteke scored last season and went 'all we need to do is get the best header of the ball we can'.

This obviously ignores the fact Benteke's excellent hold up play meant we could smash it up to him, and then work the ball up the pitch into good crossing positions in the first place. Gestedes very poor hold up play means the ball just keeps coming back.

why is it understood it was a Sherwood signing? I have no idea if it was or it was a Reilly suggestion just wondering what makes you so sure?

"Everyone worked hard to get Rudy in - we tracked him for a long time - well I certainly have, and I mentioned him to the scouting department."
 http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33839130
  • Like 1

Â