Rudy Gestede

midian

Very harsh comments in here. He's not being given much by his teammates. Harsh to judge him against Benteke.

When we play 1-2s off him the move breaks down 9/10s. We can't just keep crossing the ball at home, what happens when a CB gets the measure of him in the air, what do we do then?

Said it before and now again, unless he's facing crosses in front of goal he's absolutely useless. 

Either play two wingers that can cross in to him or drop him and play a centre forward who can work intricate moves. 

• Like 1

Lets see how he plays with a new manager. Cause Sherwood has not idea how to play him.

The Blackburn manager knew how to play him. they thought 6 million wasn't enough. They lost a prolific striker in Gestede, an apparently we gained a clogger............................funny that!

He was a passenger today, Brian Little on the commentary called it right when he questioned his movement and desire to get in on crosses. His heading is his only worthwhile attribute, but there were several occasions today where he just wasn't getting into the right positions for the ball that was about to come in.

• Like 1

I really don't rate him. His first touch is abysmal. Among the worst I've seen at this level.

However, I don't necessarily blame him for being quite as shit as he has been, for the most part. His entire game is based around feeding on crosses, yet we play a winger less system and offer him no close support.

Classic Sherwood.

• Like 4

I really don't rate him. His first touch is abysmal. Among the worst I've seen at this level.

However, I don't necessarily blame him for being quite as shit as he has been, for the most part. His entire game is based around feeding on crosses, yet we play a winger less system and offer him no close support.

Classic Sherwood.

The thing is the idiot of a manager drops Amavi who is the kind of player that Gestede feeds off, and instead put a complete ineffective player like richardson there who offers nothing going forward so of course he will struggle. but have to say he is slow, has poor concentration and does not anticpate well. for me he isnt good enough at this level. Kozak offers more. in additio Why the hell is he freezing out Sinclair??

The genius of Sherwood to play Gestede up top but one of our best crossers and leading 'assisters' in Amavi on the bench. 

Gestede is limited, without crosses into the box, he's shite, maybe we should consider Ayew up front if he can actually play that role. 

This club deserves an enormous pat on the back for replacing Benteke properly. 

I thought he did well yesterday. He put himself about got plenty of headed flick ons but didn't have anyone near him or running off him and there weren't enough crosses from wide. In a poor side the cf is always going to look ineffective. Look at Benteke for most of last year.

He may or may not be able to be a star player at this level in the future, I don't know, but for a bottom side fighting relegation he is ok and he is probably one of the least of our problems.

• Like 1

Â