Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Maybe not then but in the tweets around the 3 july there are personal selfies with his missus. Who cares anyway twatter is crap. As long as he settles ok and does the business on the pitch he'll be adored by all villa fans while he wears our colours.

That's not his twitter. He doesn't speak English yet.

An extremely brief tweet, using an unnatural construction (new player of) and a spelling mistake (verry), doesn't prove his ability to speak English. 

Edited by lexicon

An extremely brief tweet, using an unnatural construction (new player of) and a spelling mistake (verry), doesn't prove his ability to speak English. 

He's right,, Ghost. In fact, did you know that Lexicon himself is known to not be able to utter a word of spoken English. He speaks only Welsh, in which he converses with his grandmother in the cottage kitchen. That's how I imagine him, anyway. Not sure why. The image is also non nation-specific, so substitute a rare Alpine dialect of Italian if that makes it easier to conjure up.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

I watched his AVTV interview (which was all in French). He said that he is looking forward to learning English.

Granted, that doesn't mean that's not his Twitter. I think it's highly unlikley though.

I watched his AVTV interview (which was all in French). He said that he is looking forward to learning English.

Granted, that doesn't mean that's not his Twitter. I think it's highly unlikley though.

It's really basic - he could easily have written it. As he's French, he most likely studied English a bit at school, so he probably knows a little.

Dubai Lions@DubaiLionsAVFC Jul 31

Dubai Lions retweeted Jordan Veretout

#WelcomeJordan (again 1f600.png)

Dubai Lions added,

CLQQVfSWIAAeMQ2.jpg

Jordan Veretout @JVeretout

New player of @AVFCOfficial ! Verry happy 263a.png ! #AstonVilla #Veretout

0 retweets4 favorites

Retweet

Favorite4

More

No idea what I'm supposed to be looking at there.

It's really basic - he could easily have written it. As he's French, he most likely studied English a bit at school, so he probably knows a little.

even if you do not understand english, or do not speak it, I can more or less guarantee you that 95% of the civilized world are able to use the words such as 'like' , 'I' , 'car' 'blue', 'love' etc. You do know the whole world uses English, right?

I think this guy is the real deal and we are lucky to have him on board. Cannot wait to see him in action. Him and Gueye will complement each other well. He could be the midfield powerhouse we've needed for some time. Future captain material on the basis that he sticks around.

• Like 1

Â