Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I thought he was terrible today,  there was a point when he just passed the ball out of play then almost immediately afterwards ran it straight out as well for good measure. 

Should be tearing up this league but has done nothing. 

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Didn't play in the areas where he was going to cause Leeds problems.

Why is that? Where did he play, and what was he supposed to do tonight? 

Genuine questions, not trying to take a piss. I just don't get what he brings to the team. Actually, I don't get him being a footballer.

10 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Why is that? Where did he play, and what was he supposed to do tonight? 

Genuine questions, not trying to take a piss. I just don't get what he brings to the team. Actually, I don't get him being a footballer.

He was on the left midfield/wing but IMO if he plays in that position he needs to get forward and pose more of an attacking threat. I wasn't impressed tonight although perhaps that's not his favoured position. Hopefully, if he is still our player, he picks up a bit of form by the time he returns from the ANC.

No need to tell me about your toilet exploits though;)

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Thought he was absolutely dreadful today, incredibly lazy. But as others have said, it's typical Ayew.

There is no way he is lazy. I am still staggered when this is suggested. Utterly bewildered. It is the one thing that any fan can see, surely.

• Like 4

I sense the change in his game might have come about due to him (perhaps being told to ) being more mindful of his defensive covering.

He gets back way more than he used to and at times has made crucial tackles/blocks when Amavi is nowhere in sight....and I think more to the point, no other midfielder.

No one really showed for either of the wide players today so options were limited and as for his resting bitch face, I just think he's his own worse critic. I'd much rather that than watch the likes of Lescot and Richards skipping off having a laugh at full time after another defeat.

Whoscored have him as our 3rd highest rated player based on his stats, highest successful passes and second highest with assists(4) to Adomah (5), highest for successful dribbles (by a long way)

Defensively, he is only second to Chester for successful tackles, 5th highest for interceptions.

I just think calling him out as useless is a bit short sighted and you'd see more expression from him if he could trust the ability of some of his colleagues to read the game a bit better.

• Like 2

Whats the point? a couple of good/fluky goals last year with no pressure on but this year when he is expected to do something he disappears. I would take first offer we get for him as he offers nothing on or off the pitch

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

Thought he was absolutely dreadful today, incredibly lazy. But as others have said, it's typical Ayew.

You mean like when he stormed 60 yards down the pitch to stop Sako getting a cross in? Yeah, that is typical Ayew.

• Like 1

Was given a chance last night and he blew me away, with how utterly hopeless he was. Perhaps his only viable role at the minute is as an impact sub, he seems pretty good at that but has done nothing for months which suggests he should be starting games. 

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't know how anyone can continue defending him after this.

Because of the times he hasn't been atrocious. 

I do now agree fully that if we could sell him and find a replacement who can actually start games and not look completely out of his depth, like a Snodgrass, we should. 

If not we should keep him, because he's a threat from the bench in the last 20 as he has proven time and time again. 

• Like 1

He is so frustrating because he does have ability which he has shown for us.

I think the contrast with Adomah is striking though. Adomah is very much about getting the ball and getting himself up the pitch as fast and directly as he can. Be it running with the ball or linking up with the fullback. Ayew on the other hand slows play down as he wants too much time on the ball, wants to do it all on his own and is always cutting inside often having to try to beat the same player twice.

You can argue wide forward isn't his best position but if it isn't I don't know where he fits. He can't play as a striker and we have a couple of better options, even pre window, for the number 10 position.

I wouldn't look to sell him though. We need options and as shown on Monday he can still have a positive impact as a sub.

Â