Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree, but today he was our get out of jail free card. Not only the assist but that tackle was magnificent. 

People have asked what 'we' see in him. Well, that. 

We all see it :)

...but the terrible decisions seem to outway the good ones :(

• Like 2

Impact sub if he plays direct. Unfortunately most of his game appears to be keep it too long and get tackled,  keep it too long and Lose the ball or keep it too long and make a bad pass. 

Give hi. Strict instructions for 15 minutes area time and see if he follows instructions then build it up.

Skill is there decision making is not the majority of the time.

I think his biggest problem is the team that he plays for. He's just on another level to most of them.

McCormack looked pretty crap first half. As soon as Grealish comes on, someone with a similar level of football intelligence, it's no surprise McCormack looks far better. Same with Ayew. Those 3 have bags of quality and it shows when they are around each other.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think his biggest problem is the team that he plays for. He's just on another level to most of them.

McCormack looked pretty crap first half. As soon as Grealish comes on, someone with a similar level of football intelligence, it's no surprise McCormack looks far better. Same with Ayew. Those 3 have bags of quality and it shows when they are around each other.

I don't buy this, his decision making and execution of pass has not been up to par in a lot of games. I think he's a talented player, but is unable to piece it all together consistently, plus overall his decision making isn't very good, these issues are all his fault and his alone. 

With his ability he ought to be showing that he's a level above this division every time he plays, unfortunately for us he doesn't show this often enough.

• Like 1

Not the first time he has made an impact after comimg on as a sub. But he hasn't done anything of any note when he has started games, so still an impact sub for me. 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree, but today he was our get out of jail free card. Not only the assist but that tackle was magnificent. 

The problem with them all is consistency.....thats one of the reasons SB is for ever swapping them around.

The problem with them all is consistency.....thats one of the reasons SB is for ever swapping them around.

Â