Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

to be honest.. i dont care who leaves from last seasons squad. We got relegated.. none of them are indispensable.. we have lost better players than him. Doesnt seem like a team player. If he wants to go.. just get rid of him. 

• Like 2

On 30 June 2016 at 06:38, Demitri_C said:

This would be great news. Honestly I think he will get double digits for goals next season if he stays. Ayewwwwwww

Why did he decide to stop playing after the 30th minute last night?

sulky little shit, can get lost with the rest of them as far as I'm concerned

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KSV said:

to be honest.. i dont care who leaves from last seasons squad. We got relegated.. none of them are indispensable.. we have lost better players than him. Doesnt seem like a team player. If he wants to go.. just get rid of him. 

Yes we did get relegated, but he was one of, if not THE best player in the squad. Based on the current state of affairs I really don't see how any logic can justify selling him, especially not based on what you said. How  is getting rid of our best players going to remedy our situation unless we are actually chasing relegation? We should be looking to supplement these players with equal or better quality ones.

In other news, why the hell won't sale rumours go away with the owner repeatedly saying he is staying?! The newsnow feed is full of it!

7 hours ago, KSV said:

I now tend to agree

14 hours ago, villa_shere said:

He is so easy to wind up. I can see him getting a few red cards in the championship.

Yet I keep reading that he doesn't care? Both can't be true. 

Scored a lovely goal and was a menace when we are on top. When we're not he's utterly useless, he's the very definition of a luxury player. 

If we can add some bite in midfield and play as we did second half vs Wednesday more often than not then we can carry him and he can carry us. I still rate him highly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet I keep reading that he doesn't care? Both can't be true. 

Scored a lovely goal and was a menace when we are on top. When we're not he's utterly useless, he's the very definition of a luxury player. 

If we can add some bite in midfield and play as we did second half vs Wednesday more often than not then we can carry him and he can carry us. I still rate him highly. 

I know we dont score many but that was one of scrappiest goals I have ever seen Villa score

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know we dont score many but that was one of scrappiest goals I have ever seen Villa score

Fundamentally disagree. He had 3 players around him and managed to find a gap past them and the keeper from a tight angle. It was a lovely finish. I don't see how that can possibly be denied, even by you. 

• Like 1

He undeniably got some lovely goals last season but yesterday was just woeful defending and pinballed to him and he squeezed it under the keeper. as commentator rightfully said he be surprised if Luton conceded a weaker goal all season

good awareness on his part though

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yesterday was just woeful defending and pinballed to him and he squeezed it under the keeper

Watch it again. This couldn't be more wrong. It fell to him, he held off about 3 defenders completely alone and slotted it into the tiniest gap past the keeper.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

He undeniably got some lovely goals last season but yesterday was just woeful defending and pinballed to him and he squeezed it under the keeper. as commentator rightfully said he be surprised if Luton conceded a weaker goal all season

good awareness on his part though

So a good finish then? 

I am a big fan of Ayew based on him looking like one of the few players who tried last year, but, his body language and reaction at Luton once the heads started to drop really worried me. I was pretty happy after the opening game, there were some positive signs of recovery - some decent effort from the squad, but if Ayew is as fragile mentally as he seemed in the week, then I'd rather we cash in now on one of the few big value players we have and replace him with someone who can channel their frustration more productively than using two footed lunges and petulant behaviour.

(of course as loads of others have said in this thread, it really depends who we replace him with if he goes)

Can we give this a go tomorrow to cheer him up!!

On 08/08/2016 at 15:46, Gary Thomas said:

Need to show him some love. I think this would be a great chant for him.

Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na
A-A-Ayew
Is on fire

1 hour ago, Sgl said:

I am a big fan of Ayew based on him looking like one of the few players who tried last year, but, his body language and reaction at Luton once the heads started to drop really worried me. I was pretty happy after the opening game, there were some positive signs of recovery - some decent effort from the squad, but if Ayew is as fragile mentally as he seemed in the week, then I'd rather we cash in now on one of the few big value players we have and replace him with someone who can channel their frustration more productively than using two footed lunges and petulant behaviour.

(of course as loads of others have said in this thread, it really depends who we replace him with if he goes)

If you had seen my body language and reaction when the second went in you'd probably think I wanted out too. 

• Like 1

Â