Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Got to agree he's had it rough. But I think he has probably come through the worse of it and matured. 

I think people are forgetting this guy was a top player, the squad is calling out for experience and he's got bags of it.

Get him in on loan for the season and a pacy young striker to play alongside him and we will be dangerous next season.

The poor attitude thing is a bit of a myth though. He has had a lot of personal issues in last few seasons with his team bus being shot at and having issues with his family

that will have an effect on anybody

It isnt a myth

Tim would know about his state of mind and attitude far more than any of us here.

Edited by StanBalaban

The poor attitude thing is a bit of a myth though. He has had a lot of personal issues in last few seasons with his team bus being shot at and having issues with his family

that will have an effect on anybodyll managers make 

It isnt a myth

Tim would know about his state of mind and attitude far more than any of us here.

All managers make mistakes and this will be one of tims biggest ones

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

I'm gutted to lose Beneteke - to replace him with Adebayor would be the final straw

#AnyonebutAdebayor

last straw? So if Sherwood brought in Milan Baros or Kevin Davies it will be ok?

• Like 1

What other options are there instead of Adebayor? It could be a shrewd move if we get him on loan with Spurs subsidising his wages. The other strikers we've been linked with abroad seem to be youngsters with little top flight experience - you could have said about our recently departed striker but we were very fortunate with getting him in when we did. I think Sherwood has considered the pros and cons of the move and is willing to take a calculated gamble on Adebayor, after all if we go down his job and reputation is on the line. I'll trust Sherwood's judgement whoever he decides to bring in, we've made some good moves in the transfer market so far, so I can't see why that shouldn't continue.

I'm gutted to lose Beneteke - to replace him with Adebayor would be the final straw

#AnyonebutAdebayor

It was obvious we would lose Benteke so not sure how you can be gutted.

#AnyonebutAdebayor is a slightly odd hashtag in my view.

ANYONE?

#AnyonebutAdebayor

I remember a similar attitude towards the manager who kept us up.

Very true, numerous posters said Sherwood would have been their 'last choice' of manager. Certain fans are turning their noses up at a striker who has scored better than a goal every other game in 4 seasons he's played in the Prem, we'd be lucky to have him here, it would actually only be thanks to Sherwood. No way Adebayor would have considered coming here under Lambert.

What's with all the twisted knickers?

If we get him on loan paying half his wages because the spuds want rid, then I do not see a problem. Even if his contribution is 5 goals at that outlay and risk it's a steal. If he hits 10+ then...

We'll still have the Benteke money to spend on a striker in that case, so either Gabby, Callum, Hepburn-Murphy or the new lad with the Bentke money chips in with the rest and we're laughing.

If we give him a 5 year deal at 80k a week it would be a travesy of Zog proportions, but I really don't see why we'd do that.