Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Monaco

Arsenal

Man City

Real Madrid

Spurs

Must be rubbish...

Not really an argument that holds up with age.

Caen

Marseille

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

That was William Gallas' club history before he moved to Perth Glory.

• Like 1

Adebayors goal scoring record is good. If you looked purely on his record I doubt anybody would say no to him. The only thing that'd stop me having him is the finances but I'm sure if we do sign him it'll be for decent money. So what are the reasons people don't want to sign him? Surely gambling on a 31 yo with his record is worth it especially if it enabled us to buy another young striker to compliment him.

Edited by dn1982

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes.

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

I dont see how this is silly? Are you trying to tell me this guy is as good as Benteke? Seriously?

And we have lost three of our main players with no signs of replacements...yet. Of course this could all change but I think we have a reason to be fearful considering the dross last season.

You are vehemently against Adebayor. You've referred to him as an oaf on several occasions. If you cannot consider the fact that maybe he isn't an oaf, but a short term fix who has a track history of scoring goals in the Premier League, in particular for our current manager, then we're fully aware of your position and you can only repeat yourself from here on out. 

Whats the point of a short term fix though? Are we in a position to gamble with our future? This team relied heavily on Tekkers to score goals.  We have 30m+ now and the best we can come up with adebayor? The guy is an oaf in my opinion and I will not change my opinion on that so no point even discussiing that.

I bet he has various falling outs with team mates at some point in the season. He is a bad apple but I will sit back while everyone moans later on..

I like Richard am against this signing because I know how damaging this man is to team morale when things dont go the teams way.I never feel this strongly against players but this is going to be a costly mistake if he is the one we are going to rely on for goals.

Do you think I get enjoyment of saying these things?

An oaf who has scored 96 PL goals.

Righto.

He is a cretin, a nercenary no doubt about it but he scores goals.

Frankly we are in nowhere near a position to be picky. Sure, let's not spunk cash on the first available striker but we need to do something.

Bring him in and A N Other.

Monaco

Arsenal

Man City

Real Madrid

Spurs

Must be rubbish...

Not really an argument that holds up with age.

Caen

Marseille

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

That was William Gallas' club history before he moved to Perth Glory.

Gallas was about 96 when he moved to Perth.

• Like 2

At the right money I think he could be a very good bit of business. Just over a year ago he scored 14 goals in 25 games under Sherwood. His overall goalscoring record is as good as anything we have had in recent years including Benteke and head and shoulders above what we have now.

Age of course could be an issue. However 31 should not be considered past it not for a player of very good ability. To put it into perspective Drogba was the same age back in 2009. In the following three years at Chelsea he played in 141 games and scored 66 goals. Merson when we signed him was a year younger than Adebayor is now and gave us 4 years excellent service.

Of course Adebayor may not have the hunger to put a shift in for us. May not have the right attitude. The position we find ourselves in though we are going to have to take chances on young players with great potential but unproven in the Prem, as we have with Amavi and Gueye, and perhaps take the odd gamble on players whose careers have waned recently as we have in Richards and Sinclair.

Adebayor is certainly a gamble. I think, especially given we have a manager who very recently showed he can get the best out of him, that it is a gamble worth taking though

Edited by markavfc40

At the right money I think he could be a very good bit of business. Just over a year ago he scored 14 goals in 25 games under Sherwood. His overall goalscoring record is as good as anything we have had in recent years including Benteke and head and shoulders above what we have now.

Age of course could be an issue. However 31 should not be considered past it not for a player of very good ability. To put it into perspective Drogba was the same age back in 2009. In the following three years at Chelsea he played in 141 games and scored 66 goals. Merson when we signed him was a year younger than Adebayor is now and gave us 4 years excellent service.

Of course Adebayor may not have the hunger to put a shift in for us. May not have the right attitude. The position we find ourselves in though we are going to have to take chances on young players with great potential but unproven in the Prem, as we have with Amavi and Gueye, and perhaps take the odd gamble on players whose careers have waned recently as we have in Richards and Sinclair.

Adebayor is certainly a gamble. I think, especially given we have a manager who very recently showed he can get the best out of him, that it is a gamble worth taking though.

Should have been five :'(

• Like 1

Some bloke on Talksport last night said Adebayor was always a target even if Benteke had stayed. There will be another striker and he mentioned a bid for a Fiorentina striker but I didn't catch the name. Any ideas?

Some bloke on Talksport last night said Adebayor was always a target even if Benteke had stayed. There will be another striker and he mentioned a bid for a Fiorentina striker but I didn't catch the name. Any ideas?

Yes, it was Babacar and to be fair he didn't sound like your usual shit shovelling journo.

Babacar was our No1 target but wasn't interested/waiting to see who else came in for him.

Yes, it was Babacar and to be fair he didn't sound like your usual shit shovelling journo.

Babacar was our No1 target but wasn't interested/waiting to see who else came in for him.

You can see how things can be so frustrating in a transfer window with this comment. Do you go to deadline day waiting to get someone top class as we did with Benteke or do you move to your second choice to get him in now and get as much pre-season as possible? That's probably what Sherwood/Fox/Reilly are weighing up at moment.

Edit - Not specifically referring to this guy but our signings in general this summer.

Edited by El-Reacho

If he is our main striker god help us, nailed on relegation in my eyes.

Ah, the silly silly things that get said in July that often come back to bite the next May!

If you look at the start of most transfer threads there is always stuff like this.

In the previous transfer threads the core of our team was not missing with only 2 - 3 weeks before the start of the season though

2009/10 Barry and Laursen had been gone and we didnt have replacements on the opening day

Well up for this now.

1 year loan and a young player in to back up/learn/take over when Ade looses the plot!

A fun signing and I'm up for football being fun again.

I agree, I think it will be quite entertaining