Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Who is the last player we signed from a team above us in the league that has been a success?

Staunton in 2000?

Kyle Walker is another on loan that was a success and in fact Sunderland were higher than us when we bought Darren Bent haha.

I think us being the only club interested in him because of Sherwood speaks volumes

No other club want to sign this shower of shite so why should we

I hate doing Spurs a favor as well leave him on their payroll

Milner?  Were Newcastle above us?

No we were 6th they were 12th.

Who is the last player we signed from a team above us in the league that has been a success?

Staunton in 2000?

Richard Dunne was a success of some sort but can't remember who was higher at the time, they they had just overtaken us.

Ah no way paying him a fortune to sit on his arse, get drunk and fight coaches.

Baros I think was a success when he was swapped for Carew

Staunton in 2000?

Kyle Walker is another on loan that was a success and in fact Sunderland were higher than us when we bought Darren Bent haha.

Walker I can give you but it's a loan deal, I too wouldn't qualify Bent as a success more of an absolute disaster, which is exactly what I see Adebayor as.

I have no problem at all with Adebayor if comes here for the right reason - Score goals and work hard for a manager he has good relationship with.

I really doubt that he is the only striker we are looking to sign (if we indeed are looking to sign him). And with injury problems Gabby has (which make him really inconsistent), and with Kozak who hasn't played much football the last 12-15 months I am glad to get an experienced striker for free even if he is on £70k a week.

If we at the same time sign a young player with huge potential I think we will be ok.

allow me to dare to be different here and focus on the positives but I think Adebayour is a fantastic player. He is a monster of a guy, strong and tall, graceful technique and a real eye for goal. Yes, his body language looks a bit lazy sometimes but he comes alive in the box and his goalscoring record at top teams is very good.

People seem to be obsessed with his private life but Sherwood will only sign him if he feels it isnt a factor and quite frankly from what I have read his family are utter dirtbags who treat him fairly appallingly. He is the kind of player who needs to feel wanted and I think if Villa create the right, stable environment and support he could be a massive asset to us.

So what if he earns a lot of money - his ability imho warrants it and i'll stick my neck out and say I hope we sign him. I've always enjoyed watching him play and I think his presence in the dressing room would be massive for the younger players

Not saying that most if not all of the above is true, but unfortunately his private life and his personality completely destabilise his exceptional talent. Most don't dispute his footballing ability, but he is up there with Balotelli when it comes to being a precious/fragile snowflake. Or at least that's how it seems as outsiders.

Surely if he was anywhere near what he could be he would play week in week out, instead of a few games a season.

Sherwood clearly could potentially get the best out of him, he's done it once. But he is a huge risk. I would rather we looked at all other options from home and abroad before we go down this road, unless its a season long loan and Spurs pay some of his wages.

Clubs like ours will ONLY get ahead by taking astute, calculated gambles. If we can subsidise Adebeyor with a younger striker, around the sort of quality/price we've been signing so far, you hopefully assist that gamble somewhat.

It's moneyball baby. More likely to succeed than signing tat from division 3.

Clubs like ours will ONLY get ahead by taking astute, calculated gambles. If we can subsidise Adebeyor with a younger striker, around the sort of quality/price we've been signing so far, you hopefully assist that gamble somewhat.

It's moneyball baby. More likely to succeed than signing tat from division 3.

Does Adebayor get on base though?

How will the other players feel about him getting 100k a week? I think he will be bad for the dressing room and a gamble not worth taking. 

I don't think they will feel anything about it. First off we wouldn't pay that, secondly he's on loan, It's not a contract Aston Villa gave him. 

How will the other players feel about him getting 100k a week? I think he will be bad for the dressing room and a gamble not worth taking. 

He won't get 100k here, Spurs will have to contribute to his wages. Levy really isn't in a strong position on this one fortunately. He knows, we know it too.

allow me to dare to be different here and focus on the positives but I think Adebayour is a fantastic player. He is a monster of a guy, strong and tall, graceful technique and a real eye for goal. Yes, his body language looks a bit lazy sometimes but he comes alive in the box and his goalscoring record at top teams is very good.

People seem to be obsessed with his private life but Sherwood will only sign him if he feels it isnt a factor and quite frankly from what I have read his family are utter dirtbags who treat him fairly appallingly. He is the kind of player who needs to feel wanted and I think if Villa create the right, stable environment and support he could be a massive asset to us.

So what if he earns a lot of money - his ability imho warrants it and i'll stick my neck out and say I hope we sign him. I've always enjoyed watching him play and I think his presence in the dressing room would be massive for the younger players

Not saying that most if not all of the above is true, but unfortunately his private life and his personality completely destabilise his exceptional talent. Most don't dispute his footballing ability, but he is up there with Balotelli when it comes to being a precious/fragile snowflake. Or at least that's how it seems as outsiders.

Surely if he was anywhere near what he could be he would play week in week out, instead of a few games a season.

Sherwood clearly could potentially get the best out of him, he's done it once. But he is a huge risk. I would rather we looked at all other options from home and abroad before we go down this road, unless its a season long loan and Spurs pay some of his wages.

I think he would have played more if it wasnt for the freakishly good season Harry Kane had last year. Everything that boy touched went into the back of the net, and in a lone striker system even Benteke would have struggled to start ahead of him last year. He was simply undroppable.

And DDID makes a valid point - I also dont think the other players will care about what he is getting paid - it isnt their employer who gave him the contract so it isnt comparable.

I say take the risk - I wouldnt be dull whatever happens