Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Trying hard doesn't seem something you can attribute to adebayor.

I disagree. He will chase down lost causes, he will put himself about and he will tackle. He is not the lazy striker that you think he is. I'm not advocating bringing him in, because I think his wages will be a stumbling block, but I won't rewrite the kind of player he is just because I'm unsure whether I want him or not.

• Like 1

You have to rely on the manager to balance the issues, fee's/wages/availability/player attitudes etc etc etc.

Adebayor may be a short term fix....I would like to see Austin come in or some unknown player who could do the job.

Benteke has been our one man band and that has been unhealthy, everything went through him, having a better team may result in not having to rely so much on one player.

We just need to be sure of having a better team.

I'd be **** off if we replace a top class 24 year old striker, that we've sold for 32.5m with a loan signing of a 31 year old

Mad as a box of frogs in fact.

We barely stayed up with Benteke's goals, if we have the money in the bank from selling him we must replace his loss with TWO strikers that will score not only the same but more, because what we have left is bloody poor to say the least

• Like 2

I'd be **** off if we replace a top class 24 year old striker, that we've sold for 32.5m with a loan signing of a 31 year old

Mad as a box of frogs in fact.

We barely stayed up with Benteke's goals, if we have the money in the bank from selling him we must replace his loss with TWO strikers that will score not only the same but more, because what we have left is bloody poor to say the least

I'm almost certain he will/would be 1 of 2.

I thought Sherwood had said that he was looking to change the mentality of the side, too many players that didn't have winning mentalities. Does Adebayor fit that bill? Won the Copa del Rey once with RM but other than that no trophies and no real consistency to speak of. He scores a lot, then he doesn't. He wants to play, then he doesn't. Doesn't really sound like a winning mentality for me.

Anyway, the problem wouldn't be the having him for a loan for one season. The problem would be what happens after the loan. Say he comes in, we pay him £5m over a year and he scores 20 league goals. We say bye bye? Probably not. So we probably end up signing him to a 2/3 year deal and its hello Darren Bent all over again. Or he flops and it's £5m wasted on a player with no chance of recouping that money. I don't see how this is a fix!

Edited by beaniehat

He's the type of player with the type of attitude i can't stand. Earning 100k a week for doing nothing and thinks he deserves it. Wouldn't touch him for a barge pole for that money. If he wants to play football then let him take a huge pay cut, if he doesn't then we know the type of character he is. 

This. Although I have no problem with Ade being one of them.

It's one of those that could go massively either way, or just end up being a bit 'meh'.

So 50/50/50 you think?

I'd say there is a 33.3(reoccurring)% chance he will be good, bad or indifferent.

I'll chime in on Adebayor. The media has been in love with this story that Sherwood, with a new job, will try and rekindle his relationship with Adebayor in the hope that he can get the same performance from him.

I'm not convinced at all that it's something TS will do. He worked with what he had at Spurs. He has a chance to build his own squad here and I think he'll add a striker he wants, not one that he once had to work with.

I hope/believe this is all just media speculation and romance.

I'll chime in on Adebayor. The media has been in love with this story that Sherwood, with a new job, will try and rekindle his relationship with Adebayor in the hope that he can get the same performance from him.

I'm not convinced at all that it's something TS will do. He worked with what he had at Spurs. He has a chance to build his own squad here and I think he'll add a striker he wants, not one that he once had to work with.

I hope/believe this is all just media speculation and romance.

Prepare to be disappointed.

• Like 1

Yeah and delph is staying aint he

Delph was staying but as recent events shown, he changes his mind every week, unless you missed that of course.

This.  Breaking News: Footballers lie