Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Quote from Spurs blog - Villa ITK says Ade a Done Deal

Emmanuel Adebayor is edging closer to....joining Aston Villa where he will be reunited with Tim Sherwood. Sherwood has made it plain this is the striker he wants to replace Liverpool bound Christian Benteke but the Villa hierarchy are not so keen on the idea. It seems as though Sherwood has got his way though and the former Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid striker is likely to be seen in the Midlands next season. The ITK from the Aston Villa end is that a season-long loan deal has been agreed, other sources are saying the same thing so fingers crossed. Adebayor has refused all offers we have made him to leave, wanting us to pay him his full £5.2 million salary, a loan deal negates us having to pay that and will mean Villa get a motivated player playing for a contract, we all know what happens after that. Nothing is ever cut and dried with Ade though so until he actually puts pen to paper there is still cause for concern

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/villa-itk-says-ade-done-deal.html

" Nothing is ever cut and dried with Ade though so until he actuals puts pen to paper there is still cause for concern "

We have been linked with Ade all pre season and pretty much looks on we will sign him

but that right there says to me ' based on all the specualation its obvious theres going to be further contact there.could become an ITK here '

How will the other players feel about him getting 100k a week? I think he will be bad for the dressing room and a gamble not worth taking.

Will they really care? "That guys on more than me - I hate him and i won't play."

No but they can kick up a fuss and request new contracts when they see a 6 foot plus oaf getting paid a ridiculous sum even though he is not worth half of that

Oaf? You've got to be having a laugh.

He'd be one of the most talented strikers if not players we've had a Villa park for many years. The guys played at the very highest level at some huge clubs throughout his career and maintained a great goal score ratio at practically all of them.

I tell you something i have met Adebayor on a number of times and the guy has the worst attitude I have come across. Not only does he not really care about the game anymore, he is rude and not a team player. I have met a lot of players and was very friendly with a well known one as he use to live near me.

When I was at this players sons party he was there and he was hated by a whole host of his own team mates. He would turn his nose up at young kids.

. Why do you think Spurs are so desperate to get rid of him? (its not just because of his wages)

He is a bad apple. At 31 end of his career and I dont want  his terrible attitude reflecting on our youngsters.

We need to keep well clear of this OAF and I stand by those comments Penguin. He is an OAF

Clearly in the minority but I'd love to see him leading the line next season. Would only want to sign him on a 12-month deal though ideally.

Always rated him, thought he was great at Arsenal, Man City, Spurs he had a great season on loan, signed and went a bit off the boil but then Sherwood got him playing again. Think Benteke's very difficult to replace, but Ade has a similar goalscoring record in the Prem and there are very few other players we could bring in who we can say that about. If it's on a 12-month deal on sensible wages (i.e 60-70k a week), then by playing for that it proves he's coming to play football not just earn money. There are some issues over his mental health but surely he'll be happiest playing football, scoring goals, with a manager who puts his arm round him who knows him well.

• Like 2

If he can get motivated like he was under Sherwood I dont think there are many better and more suitable short term replacements for Benteke. Obviously the issue is if he can get similarly motivated, but with Sherwood at the helm I think it's a risk worth taking on a season's loan.

Been reminding myself of the sort of player Adebayor is, watching his goals from Arsenal, City and Spurs.

Not sure when everyone became mental health professionals, but on a loan deal and in the position we're in we really cannot turn our noses up at him.

As a mental health professional I don't want him.

Nothing to do with his mental health I just don't want us to sign him

That made me chuckle - but I actually think he'll be a good signing for us. 

Pros :

Been there done that as a proven Premier League goalscorer.

Potential instant and available short-term fix for a Benteke-sized hole.

Cons :

The Sherwood season was 2 years ago.  Ade is 31 now.

Questionable attitude inside and outside the dressing room.

Takes up a squad place of a potentially more long-term solution.

I've ignored the financial element of it all because I don't think that's at all relevant.  If he comes in its because Tim and Randy are fine with the money.  This one we'll only know in hindsight.  He could score 15 goals.  He could score 3.

Pros :

Cons :

I've ignored the financial element of it all because I don't think that's at all relevant.  If he comes in its because Tim and Randy are fine with the money.  This one we'll only know in hindsight.  He could score 15 goals.  He could score 3.

Biggest issue for me of those cons is the middle one.

At 31 I think he's still fine as a short-term solution, for one year or maybe 2 max.

Also don't really see us having an issue with space in the squad for both Ade and a younger forward from abroad (Embolo for example).

Pros :

Cons :

Biggest issue for me of those cons is the middle one.

At 31 I think he's still fine as a short-term solution, for one year or maybe 2 max.

Also don't really see us having an issue with space in the squad for both Ade and a younger forward from abroad (Embolo for example).

It wasn't so much space that's the issue although I appreciate I could have worded it better.  I meant if we go for him it's possible we may not even bother going for someone like Embolo or Batshuayi aswell.  Obviously the best outcome is that we do both but Villa and austerity ... you know yourself..