Mark Bunn

villan_007

What did he do wrong? Nothing he could do about 2 goals and had to rush out for the pen thanks to baker being so out of position and giving it away.

This. Could do nothing about the 2 goals but there will be some who say they were easy saves (who probably played in goal and saved everything that came their way) . Penalty was no need to do that but apart from that he made some decent saves and caught the balls when county attacked. But other than that he must be shit cos he let three goals in.

Looked to me like he was diving out of molasses for Burke's goal. Yes it was pretty but a better keeper tips that around the post.

He's known as a really good shot stopper, so I'll not read much into that myself.

Certainly think we could use a new number 1 full stop mind.

What did he do wrong? Nothing he could do about 2 goals and had to rush out for the pen thanks to baker being so out of position and giving it away.

The penalty was a really poor one to give away. Terrible decision from him.

BUt outside of that he didn't do much wrong.

I thought he had a bit of a problem a few times communicating with his defence. Couple of hairy moments where a shout seemed like it would have cleared it up easily.

But no, he didn't do much wrong tonight, just one glaring error.

Maybe my view wasn't great, it seemed one of them where he had to make an effort to get it but I could be wrong. At the time I was annoyed with Baker for giving it away and then being caught out with a ball over the top.

I blamed Bunn for it in the post-match thread, but to be clear, there's two different problems. The first is the communication failure between Baker and Bunn - one of them is to blame for that but without hearing them shout it's not possible to know (I was at the other end of the ground, maybe the front-row of the Holte might know the answer). But even if Baker is at fault re the communication, Bunn has to know that if you lead into a tackle, in the penalty area, with your foot off the ground, then you really had best get the ball. 

Apart from that he was okayish. I wonder if he moved slowly for Burke's goal because he initially thought he was going wide? I'm not really going to blame him for that though, it was a great strike. 

EDIT: to be clear, we still need to buy a new number 1. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Was he at fault on the first?i was side on to it and it looked like he thought it was going wide and left it , but not seen a replay.The burke goal he had no chance and i think it may even have come off someones head and moved a bit

Was he at fault on the first?i was side on to it and it looked like he thought it was going wide and left it , but not seen a replay.The burke goal he had no chance and i think it may even have come off someones head and moved a bit

The first goal took a huge deflection. Can't blame the keeper there.

Fair enough , missed the deflection 

No way is he good enough to be our 2nd choice keeper.

Absolutely agree.

He gets up slower than a Prem keeper needs to, he isn't mobile enough, closes the angles poorly and he doesn't exactly ooze confidence. Understand why he was brought in, but surprised he's not third choice.

With rumours that Guzan wasn't Tim's first choice it seems odd that Bunn is a chosen number 2. Has to be some young talent somewhere, looks like Stoke didn't do too badly having Butland waiting in reserve, perhaps we should lay down a few million on a lower level quality youngster. (our own Watkins doesn't look terrible)

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Fair enough , missed the deflection 

It's weird, because I was watching from the Lower North and the deflection was clear as day but on the Sky highlights you can barely see any deflection at all.

I don't like him.   Felt he could have done better with first goal.  He didn't move. 

But my main gripe was that he was so slow in releasing the ball.  He seems to miss the obvious throwout to give it to someone who wasn't in a position to move forward.

Felt very uneasy every time the ball went his way.

Â