Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

pleasant surprise that. Things are, I may say tentatively, quite good at the moment, even if CB leaves, I think we're already looking much stronger than this time last year. 

If Benteke leaves, no matter who we've brought in, we'll always be weaker until we replace his goals IMO.

That's what happens when you become a one dimensional team.

• Like 1

pleasant surprise that. Things are, I may say tentatively, quite good at the moment, even if CB leaves, I think we're already looking much stronger than this time last year. 

If Benteke leaves, no matter who we've brought in, we'll always be weaker until we replace his goals IMO.

We were a one dimensional team, I think the players we're bringing in will give us greater strength in depth - i.e. more goals coming from midfield and more support for who is upfront. Of course we'd need to buy at least one more striker if Benteke leaves, but I think it would also allow us to have options to overcome teams who have been used to going "mark the feck out of Benteke and we nullify Villa". 

Without CB we have Sinclair, Gabby and Kozak up front ( possibly Callum Robinson if he's deemed good enough to perform at this level ) So we'd need someone else in there like Austin / whoever and I have no doubts if we do sell CB we do buy AN Other anyway. 

• Like 1

We were a one dimensional team, I think the players we're bringing in will give us greater strength in depth - i.e. more goals coming from midfield and more support for who is upfront. Of course we'd need to buy at least one more striker if Benteke leaves, but I think it would also allow us to have options to overcome teams who have been used to going "mark the feck out of Benteke and we nullify Villa". 

Without CB we have Sinclair, Gabby and Kozak up front ( possibly Callum Robinson if he's deemed good enough to perform at this level ) So we'd need someone else in there like Austin / whoever and I have no doubts if we do sell CB we do buy AN Other anyway. 

I agree with us needing someone else in. Hopefully we'll have more options and be far less predictable next season, I just think that taking out our main goal threat will instantly weaken us, no matter who else we've brought in unless they've proven before hand that they've got goals in them.

Hopefully he settles and enjoys his time in England. A 21 year old Frenchman who lives in Nice might get quite the culture shock when he comes to Brum and might want to get back home pretty quickly.

Edited by villa89

Exciting signing. I don't expect him to instantly solve our longstanding LB problem but looks promising for the future.

Do you seriously think this is one for the future!?

You don't spend £10m on someone who won't go straight into the team. Amavi will be expected to solve the left back problem instantly.

We could conceed less too.

Even without Benteke, we will have to be seriously shit to score as few as we did last season again. We'd finish bottom.

Exciting signing. I don't expect him to instantly solve our longstanding LB problem but looks promising for the future.

Do you seriously think this is one for the future!?

You don't spend £10m on someone who won't go straight into the team. Amavi will be expected to solve the left back problem instantly.

What I meant was a 10M price tag will not mean he will instantly be a success. It could take a few months to settle. He is young after all.

I think your first post messed up the timescales slightly. It reads as though he's one for subsequent seasons rather than a few months down the line :)

Great stuff! Liking the way we're doing business so far.

Me too. In fact I'm liking that we're doing business at all !
  • Like 3

Without CB we have Sinclair, Gabby and Kozak up front ( possibly Callum Robinson if he's deemed good enough to perform at this level )  

that nearly brought me to tears, got relegation certs written all over it

Â