Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

his wikipedia says he plays for us lolz

Why do people always jump the gun with this sort of thing? You see it all the time. Do they think that by editing Wikipedia they'll make it more likely to happen?

They did it with Micah Richards and that was right  ;)

Oh yes, it hasn't been posted here though has it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11739410/Aston-Villa-150m-takeover-falls-through-Tim-Sherwood-reveals.html

Lerner has already forked out £9million on Lille midfielder Idrissa Gueye and funded moves for Micah Richards and Scott Sinclair.

And he has also agreed to pay £9million for Nice defender Jordan Amavi, who is close to joining Villa, while Fabian Delph was persuaded to stay at the club.

“Randy is the one who is making the decisions regarding the players,” said Sherwood. “He is willing to back us to the hilt.

"But he can only back us to the tune of financial fair play. That means there might have to be some exits from the club before we can get in some more.”

Edited by KJT123
  • Like 2

If we need to sell before we can buy further we probably won't be getting any other decent players in, unless we sell Benteke of course.

If we still need to sell to buy after 3 years of austerity and multi billion pound TV deals then I just a ) don't appreciate how strict the rules are or b ) understand what the hell is going on!! Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

If we need to sell before we can buy further we probably won't be getting any other decent players in, unless we sell Benteke of course.

If we still need to sell to buy after 3 years of austerity and multi billion pound TV deals then I just a ) don't appreciate how strict the rules are or b ) understand what the hell is going on!!
I'm the same and that makes me feel that owners can hide behind these if they don't want to invest and take a gamble on what a club has already. Not saying this is happening but surely we are a club that is better of than most in the prem so we should not have teams out doing us that are in theoretically behind us as for they must then be braking rules!!!
  • Like 1

It's alright Tim - when someone asks you if you have money to spend don't say we have to sell just say yeah we have money - then watch as teams put up the prices - we MAY have to sell to buy (I doubt it - as who have we sold for the money spent on Gueye  and the other bid that's gone in for Avami) and no It's not in anticipation of Benteke going or spent in anticipation of Delph going also - no one knows not any of the ITK's on here (apart from Trent ;) ). The money from sales so far is not enough to cover the money spent.

I am fully aware we need to strengthen but transfers take time when it involves lengthy negotiation. Have a little patience. Fox would have budgeted for Transfer without the need to sell - any extra from sales is a bonus (and no that DOES NOT go into Lerner's pocket as some seem to claim). I personally think there are at least two more coming in and they will be for positions that we need to strengthen .Just my version of whats going on anyway.

• Like 4

If we still need to sell to buy after 3 years of austerity and multi billion pound TV deals then I just a ) don't appreciate how strict the rules are or b ) understand what the hell is going on!!
I'm the same and that makes me feel that owners can hide behind these if they don't want to invest and take a gamble on what a club has already. Not saying this is happening but surely we are a club that is better of than most in the prem so we should not have teams out doing us that are in theoretically behind us as for they must then be braking rules!!!

If all is right them surely it makes no difference whatsoever as to who owns us as they will all just be another Randy Lerner in terms of only being able to spend what we earn. Might as well stick with what we've got in that case.

At least it looks like we will bring in an exciting prospect at left back. I'm hoping that Amavi lives up to the price tag because that's a lot of money to be spending on a left back with such limited resources.

I think we could have spent a lot more the last few seasons and still been within the rules, but Lerner for one reason or another didn't invest. This year we seem to be willing to spend up to the limit. Something has obviously clicked.

Selling Benteke, however harsh that will be as he's a star on this team, will allow us to further enhance the squad in other areas and be a more competitive side. Benteke = 3 10m rated players.

I think we could have spent a lot more the last few seasons and still been within the rules, but Lerner for one reason or another didn't invest. This year we seem to be willing to spend up to the limit. Something has obviously clicked.

Selling Benteke, however harsh that will be as he's a star on this team, will allow us to further enhance the squad in other areas and be a more competitive side. Benteke = 3 10m rated players.

I just don't get why Sherwood had to come out with that FFP comment. It's almost like making excuses before something even happens. I hate that!

I just don't get why Sherwood had to come out with that FFP comment. It's almost like making excuses before something even happens. I hate that!

Or not alerting clubs that we have money to spend and therefore prevent prices inflating. (Think glass half full)

• Like 1

It's alright Tim - when someone asks you if you have money to spend don't say we have to sell just say yeah we have money - then watch as teams put up the prices - we MAY have to sell to buy (I doubt it - as who have we sold for the money spent on Gueye  and the other bid that's gone in for Avami) and no It's not in anticipation of Benteke going or spent in anticipation of Delph going also - no one knows not any of the ITK's on here (apart from Trent ;) ). The money from sales so far is not enough to cover the money spent.

I am fully aware we need to strengthen but transfers take time when it involves lengthy negotiation. Have a little patience. Fox would have budgeted for Transfer without the need to sell - any extra from sales is a bonus (and no that DOES NOT go into Lerner's pocket as some seem to claim). I personally think there are at least two more coming in and they will be for positions that we need to strengthen .Just my version of whats going on anyway.

Far too rational. I only want to read "full melt down, the World is going to end" posts, when it comes to potential signings. What the Hell are you doing posting on here?!

Or not alerting clubs that we have money to spend and therefore prevent prices inflating. (Think glass half full)

I hate that one too ;)

• Like 1

Â