Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Per Nice-Matin, Jordan Amavi has finally been convinced to sign for Aston Villa. Offer of nearly €15m (plus bonuses) accepted by Nice. #AVFC

"Finally been convinced"...makes it sound like Sherwood has gone in there with a gun against his head

Not at all mate!

Sherwood, having remembered that the young lad is French, booked them on a sightseeing trip to Paris. After taking in the Louvre and Champs-Elysee the pair made their way to the top of the Eiffel Tower where they enjoyed an intimate three course meal of Frogs legs with truffle shavings and salad with French dressing, followed by L'escargot served with a garlic and white wine sauce. For dessert they ate Mille-Feuille with Crème Anglaise and washed it all down with a bottle of vintage Dom Perignon. Afterwards, they took a stroll along the Seine before Timothy took a pen and paper from his pocket and politely asked him to join the finest clarets in England. Taken aback by the smooth, English, charm and seduction the young man signed on the dotted line instantly and the rest is history. ;)

• Like 1

I think your first post messed up the timescales slightly. It reads as though he's one for subsequent seasons rather than a few months down the line :)

I'm hoping that will be the case if he becoming public enemy number 1 after a few months and then dropped!

We don't as a rule talk about bids or other peoples players either openly or in quiet briefings to press like oh I don't know Liverpool.

true, i saw yesterday robbie fowler is a club ambassador for liverpool, he is directly employed by liverpool, how come he nor the club are punished when he does a newspaper article stating that they should buy benteke?

where are the newspaper articles from lee hendrie or ian taylor doing our washing in public? where are the journos that we drip feed inside information to all season that now spend the summer doing our bidding for us?

we operate in a way that must piss the rags off, also known as the right way, the likes of james nursey can claim that they can add the word "educated" to their guesses, but they are still guesses, been the same for years tbf, under several managers

• Like 3

It's already been confirmed by Richard.

By Trent last week you mean...

What do you mean?

Go back to the 8th of  July  in this thread and start reading.

Edited by Brumerican

We don't as a rule talk about bids or other peoples players either openly or in quiet briefings to press like oh I don't know Liverpool.

true, i saw yesterday robbie fowler is a club ambassador for liverpool, he is directly employed by liverpool, how come he nor the club are punished when he does a newspaper article stating that they should buy benteke?

where are the newspaper articles from lee hendrie or ian taylor doing our washing in public? where are the journos that we drip feed inside information to all season that now spend the summer doing our bidding for us?

we operate in a way that must piss the rags off, also known as the right way, the likes of james nursey can claim that they can add the word "educated" to their guesses, but they are still guesses, been the same for years tbf, under several managers

Basically, you can say "we should" or "we want to buy" or pretty much whatever you want, where O'Leary got in trouble all those years ago on Beattie is he said "the player wants to join us" which proved we'd spoken to the player or his representatives without permission.

And yes, we do. There are a few journo's who get bits and pieces, there were a couple particularly close to Lambert but generally the club don't give out much. Much to the frustration of some particularly the Birmingham Mail in Lambert's time.

Basically, you can say "we should" or "we want to buy" or pretty much whatever you want, where O'Leary got in trouble all those years ago on Beattie is he said "the player wants to join us" which proved we'd spoken to the player or his representatives without permission.

And yes, we do. There are a few journo's who get bits and pieces, there were a couple particularly close to Lambert but generally the club don't give out much. Much to the frustration of some particularly the Birmingham Mail in Lambert's time.

Yep if you notice in the mail they dont report exclusives anymore they report "RUMOURS" from other papers

It's quite frightening how highly rated this guy is.

Yeah if we are signing him.how the heck so

if its Sherwoods talks then he needs to take Benteke out for a meal

He wanted to but he just could not find a restaurant with a facility big enough to cook a whole side of beef!

Â