Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

It's alright Tim - when someone asks you if you have money to spend don't say we have to sell just say yeah we have money - then watch as teams put up the prices - we MAY have to sell to buy (I doubt it - as who have we sold for the money spent on Gueye and the other bid that's gone in for Avami) and no It's not in anticipation of Benteke going or spent in anticipation of Delph going also - no one knows not any of the ITK's on here (apart from Trent ;) ). The money from sales so far is not enough to cover the money spent.

I am fully aware we need to strengthen but transfers take time when it involves lengthy negotiation. Have a little patience. Fox would have budgeted for Transfer without the need to sell - any extra from sales is a bonus (and no that DOES NOT go into Lerner's pocket as some seem to claim). I personally think there are at least two more coming in and they will be for positions that we need to strengthen .Just my version of whats going on anyway.

Would totally agree with this if I hadn't read the same kind of post every summer for the past 4 years!!

FWIW I expect another 3 signings at least before the window closes if Sherwood's comments after the final are anything to go by. (Even though I don't see anybody mentioning the fact he said he was going to make big changes could be a factor that would bump up prices).

If we need to sell before we can buy further we probably won't be getting any other decent players in, unless we sell Benteke of course.

If we still need to sell to buy after 3 years of austerity and multi billion pound TV deals then I just a ) don't appreciate how strict the rules are or b ) understand what the hell is going on!!

Isn't it all worked on a rolling 3-year period?

We may well be living within our means now, but if we had made, say, £30m losses 2 seasons ago and £10m losses last season, we wouldn't be able to outspend that much this time round.  Next season, that £30m would be "wiped out" and this season's gains/losses would be included.

That's the way I thought it worked, anyhow.

http://www.nicematin.com/ogc-nice/ogc-nice-amavi-se-rapproche-daston-villa.2287836.html

Jordan Amavi pourrait quitter l'OGC Nice dans les prochains jours et rejoindre le club d'Aston Villa.

Selon nos informations, le latéral gauche aurait, finalement, été convaincu par le projet des Villains qui ont font une offre de près de quinze millions d'euros (bonus compris) pour son transfert.

Lyon était également intéressé par l'international Espoirs.
Jordan Amavi could leave OGC Nice in the next few days and join the club of Aston Villa.

Reportedly, the left side would ultimately convinced by the project of Villains who make an offer of nearly fifteen million ( including bonus) for his transfer .

Lyon was also interested in the International Espoirs .

If we need to sell before we can buy further we probably won't be getting any other decent players in, unless we sell Benteke of course.

If we still need to sell to buy after 3 years of austerity and multi billion pound TV deals then I just a ) don't appreciate how strict the rules are or b ) understand what the hell is going on!!

I think we could have spent a lot more the last few seasons and still been within the rules, but Lerner for one reason or another didn't invest. This year we seem to be willing to spend up to the limit. Something has obviously clicked.

Selling Benteke, however harsh that will be as he's a star on this team, will allow us to further enhance the squad in other areas and be a more competitive side. Benteke = 3 10m rated players.

I just don't get why Sherwood had to come out with that FFP comment. It's almost like making excuses before something even happens. I hate that!

I suspect he may just be damping down expectations.

http://www.nicematin.com/ogc-nice/ogc-nice-amavi-se-rapproche-daston-villa.2287836.html

Jordan Amavi pourrait quitter l'OGC Nice dans les prochains jours et rejoindre le club d'Aston Villa.

Selon nos informations, le latéral gauche aurait, finalement, été convaincu par le projet des Villains qui ont font une offre de près de quinze millions d'euros (bonus compris) pour son transfert.

Jordan Amavi could leave OGC Nice in the next few days and join the club of Aston Villa.

Reportedly, the left side would ultimately convinced by the project of Villains who make an offer of nearly fifteen million ( including bonus) for his transfer .

Thats about £10 million, lest hope he is here by the end of the week..Makes you wonder what on earth is there to convince.....did someone say Takeover?  :ph34r:

Thats about £10 million, lest hope he is here by the end of the week..Makes you wonder what on earth is there to convince.....did someone say Takeover?  :ph34r:

It looks as though he was waiting for Lyon, his favoured destination, but that has not happened, and he has given up and decided to come to us. 

Per Nice-Matin, Jordan Amavi has finally been convinced to sign for Aston Villa. Offer of nearly €15m (plus bonuses) accepted by Nice. #AVFC

"Finally been convinced"...makes it sound like Sherwood has gone in there with a gun against his head

"Sign the ******* contract, you slag!"

• Like 3

Â