Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

I think he's going to be a star somewhere.

Away from Villa and managers like Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce is the best place for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see his next move be to a top European club.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Away from Villa and managers like Sherwood, Di Matteo and Bruce is the best place for him.

I would be very surprised. You'd have thought he would have learnt how to defend by now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Disagree mate. 

I think at €10m with have had their pants down. 

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I would. For sure he could have a decent career at various top flight divisions  in Europe, but not a top club.  If he does ok for a few seasons he will go to  a club like Bournemouth in about 2020 for £35 million and £200,000 a week to be  a mid table player. Because football has gone/going nuts.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think you're right and I think he will probably end up a the highest club in Europe - Tromso. That's probably about his standard.

I wish him well wherever he moves to.

I will always remember him being the Amavi when that he first arrived along with a Veretout and Ayew etc. bombing forward down the left and looking the best of the buys along with Ayew at the time.

Since his major injury he has seen 3 managers take the Villa post and also the team relegated.

He returned playing in a team where the manager prefers "has beens" to "could be's" & "are's".

I think he deserves to be in a top european team and I hope his new chapter works out well that he can write.. unlike what has been written for him here.

I am just glad we are echo'ing £10m for him as he is worth every penny and more.

All the best at your new club Ami.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think you're right and I think he will probably end up a the highest club in Europe - Tromso. That's probably about his standard.

Na.

Lyon, Villaréal type of teams I would say or Clubs in europa competitions etc.

More like the club we are - Championship that is below his standard!

Our only site of europe is the photographic memories we have when we where last in it.. some 9yrs ago!

In his 3rd game he played a big part in costing us a goal and a point away to palace. 

The early warning signs were there. 

I'm sure he will develop and become a decent player but to get £10 million for a back up lb at a midtable championship team is unheard of. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In his 3rd game he played a big part in costing us a goal and a point away to palace. 

The early warning signs were there. 

I'm sure he will develop and become a decent player but to get £10 million for a back up lb at a midtable championship team is unheard of. 

I still blame Guzan for that! ;)

1 hour ago, Mammoth10 said:

I still blame Guzan for that! ;)

I still portion a big part of the blame to him 

But it was a poor decision by amavi. I sometimes think his injury is overstated for his poor performances last season. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I keep seeing things like this and it totally baffles me. 

I really haven't seen what others have seen.

If he is anything more than a bang average top flight player at a league other than the Premier League I will probably raise an eyebrow and give a little hmmmmmm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

http://readastonvilla.com/2017/08/09/villa-accept-marseilles-amavi-offer/

According to RMC, via Sport Witness, Aston Villa have accepted an offer from Marseille for defender Jordan Amavi.

The report claims that Amavi is now travelling to Marseille to undergo a medical ahead of a €10m switch.

Marseille wanted to sign Amavi on loan but have come to an agreement with Villa to see him join the French club on a permanent deal.

Patrice Evra signed for Marseille earlier this summer, which makes Amavi’s chances of starting at the French club slim.

Done Deal?

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hope it is a direct permanent sale rather than the rumoured loan to permanent sale.

If he plays rubbish or gets injured again they might not take the permanent option. 

Plus we could do with the full funds now to get somebody else in.

Â