Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

Aston Villa have stepped up their bid for Nice left-back Jordan Amavi by offering him a contract worth three times his current deal.

Boss Tim Sherwood is pushing for the France Under-21 international to join up after Amavi appeared to stall on the move to Villa Park.

Villa agreed a fee with Nice, believed to be £6million, over three weeks ago but the trail went cold as Amavi seemed content to wait for other clubs while he enjoyed his summer holidays.

There have been some rumours of interest from Arsenal, although nothing concrete seems to have materialised yet - with Villa anxious for an answer.

Under contract at Nice until 2017, Amavi could triple his wages by accepting the offer to join Villa - according to a report in L'Equipe.

The 21-year-old shone for Nice last term, making 36 Ligue 1 appearances and scoring four goals.

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Aston-Villa/Villa-offering-Frenchman-huge-pay-rise/X1Y2Z1949721?

yeah, tried to be a little fair. I suppose I could've chosen this one instead for more effect ;) :

28uskrb.jpg

That's a bit unfair......that's the old brum...from last week ,taken from nechells

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He's currently rooming with Benni McCarthy, Dale Stephens and Hiroshi Kiyotake in the hotel of perpetual imagined transfer limbo.  Only Robbie Keane has ever escaped.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Sinclair isn't a Sherwood signing.

Yeah it's one of those that can be argued either way.  On one hand the condition on the loan was put in place while Lambert was in charge, but Sinclair signed for the club i.e. the condition was triggered, while Sherwood was in charge.  So technically he did sign permanently for Villa with Tim in charge, because of what was done by Lambert.

Â